Chapter 29: His Sorrow

Art made by houdidesu.

(Note: This chapter will either become a 'bonus chapter' or a will be completely deleted (or edited) by next month. I simply don't like how I portrayed Flowey, now that I've re-read this. Not to mention that, I re-watched the Neutral route just a few days ago, and my views towards him changed entirely.)

~~~~~

     You stood seated in front of the large, polished piano, and looked at the keys laid out. It seemed harder to play compared to the keyboard you had played with Frisk last week. Even so, you continued to inspect the piano's keys. Once you were certain and ready to begin, you placed both hands on the keys. The soft touch caused for a gentle, almost inaudible tune to be heard. Having done so, you began to play the tune that both Undyne and Frisk had taught you.

     You started off quite rusty, yet as you continued to play, the melody became more consistent. The tune was relaxing to your ears, and even with its repetitive song, you were still able to enjoy it. You had become entirely lost in the music, which led for his presence to go unnoticed. It wasn't until you heard some murmurs that you stopped playing, and listened closely.

     You looked at your surroundings in confusion, and after much searching, you could confirm the sounds were coming from the window. Deciding to take a closer look at it, you got up from the chair, and walked towards the window. Once there, you opened the curtains gently, and later revealed a familiar, yellow figure standing by.

"Flowey?" you questioned, curious, yet highly suspicious of his presence.

"Wh- What?!" the flower snapped, though his voice managed to crack.

"What are you doing here?" you pressed on, while reaching your hand out towards him.

"Don't touch me!" he hissed, while crawling farther away from you.

"Flowey!" you softly exclaimed, feeling rather worried of his ways.

     Even though he seemed to have lost himself a long time ago, you were still curious to know more about him. You were curious to know of his reasons for doing the horrid things Frisk had told you about. Most of all, you really wanted to help him out, now that there was a chance. You desired to lend a hand.

"What happened? I thought you had gone back to the Underground?"

"Ha! You think I've given up on you? I've barely even started! I only came to your room because I-" he paused, once seeing your confused look turn into a smile. "What... What are you smiling at?!" he furiously questioned, while lashing out some of his vines at you.

"You just said you haven't given up on me." you stated, now smiling warmly. "Even though you may not see it this way... I think hearing that from you is nice!"

"I'm not trying to be nice!" he defended, whilst wrapping a vine around your wrist. "I'm trying to get you to reason!" he added, as he squeezed your wrist tightly-- as if to emphasize his point. "That skeleton will tear you apart sooner or later. Just you watch!" he warned.