Chapter 34: One Hot Waiter, Please

Art made by mnstrendy on Tumblr.

(Note: Some violence themes are to be expected ahead. Reader's discretion is advised.)

~~~~~

     After that eventful evening, you practically avoided Frankie at all costs, and you tried to distract them each time that matter was brought up. The next evening, however, was a whole different story. After returning home from another busy day at work, they stood before you with a determined face and pose. You had failed your promise with them, and they weren't too happy about it.

     You had just left the bathroom, and were now getting dressed. Your head carried a bit of a headache after the long day of work, and you only wished to take a rest. Any possible rest, however, was taken away, as they brought the matter up while you were midway through putting on your white polo shirt.

"Wh- Why are you always avoiding me when I ask you this?" Frankie questioned, with tears forming on the edges of their eyes. 

     They were trying to be tough, yet they were failing greatly. 

"You always say you love me! Ye- Yet... When I ask if I can call you (mom/dad), you tell me it's a bad thing!"

"I'm sorry, dear... It's just, I don't feel as if I'm responsible nor worthy enough of being called that. Those roles will always belong to them."

"But dad was mean! He... He left you alone, and he never called you again! He's bad, and I don't like calling him 'dad'! And mom... She's... She's not here anymore... She never came back from the overseas. Why can't you be my (mom/dad)? Do- Do you hate me?"

"First of all, I don't and will never hate you. Secondly, father did what he could-"

"He left mom alone, and you even said he called her crazy!"

"I... I know, dear. Perhaps, what he said at the beginning was wrong, but... He helped her after that, and he cared for you until you were six months old."

"Half a year! That's all! And he- he didn't even wait for you to finish college!"

"Frankie, please, calm down. You have to understand that not all people end up with the best things."

"Why don't you let me be your child, then?! We... We have a family now, and you've taken care of me for a long time."

"I'm sorry, Frankie. I just... I just can't accept this responsibility. It's something I'm not deserving of."

"You... You never believe in yourself!" Frankie exclaimed, as they ran to your side, and held both of your hands in theirs. "You should be proud of what you've done!"

"I am proud of what I've done."

"You don't look like you are!" 

"Dear, please, let's discuss this later. I have a bit of a headache, and I'd like to take a break." you spoke, as you tried to calm them down. "I'm happy knowing you think I should be proud, and that you'd like to be my child. But, I'm honestly exhausted right now."

"Al- Alright..." Frankie mumbled, as they looked down at the floor. "But, please, don't ignore me anymore... I want you to be happy, too..."

"Thank you, dear..." you murmured, as you took them in your arms, and enveloped them in a hug. "I'll try my best to make you happier, as well."