Chapter 3: Feeling Bonely

Art made by bluemaroonss on Tumblr.

     You had entered a much more comfortable place now. The hotel, even though it seemed like it hadn't been used since a long time, possessed a much cooler, healthier atmosphere than the previous lands you where in. Looking at your surroundings, you couldn't help but think the place you where in appeared rather odd and out-of-place.

     The decorative plants were droopy with lack of water and proper care, the registration counter was dusty and chipped at certain sides, and some spiders had set up a spider bake sale on the cobwebs that they'd crafted on the walls' corners. Oddly enough, however, it felt as if an air conditioner had been turned off just not long ago and a robot shaped fountain was still pouring fresh, clear water out of its carved mouth.

     Having freshened yourself up with the running water from the robot shaped fountain, which on closer look was named: MTT Fountain, you immediately stood up. You were ready to leave the building; you were ready to continued venturing forward.

     "Feelin' better now, _______?" Sans asked, once seeing your face recover its natural glow.

     "Yeah, I'm doing good now." you replied, packing a water container into a bag you'd retrieved from the hotel's scattered items left behind by the previous owners and hotel guests.

     Stepping one foot followed by the other into the outside world, your glasses became foggy due to the sudden change of temperature and you could instantly feel the heat pierce through your clothing. While you carefully wiped away the thin sheet of fog from the cracked lenses, you could feel something wrap tightly around your ankle. Looking down at it, you could identify it as a vine. It seemed to lead a trail, which piqued at your curiosity.

    "C'mon, there's a better way outta this place." Sans spoke up, interrupting you from your observation.

    Walking ahead, he waited for no reply, thus making you question just where was he headed off to. He seemed to be acting strange ever since you had gotten to know him more. It seemed as if the more you got to know him, the more distant he became with you.

     Remembering your sibling and their well-being, however, made you want to chase after the skeleton. Lifting your foot and shaking off the vines that'd wrapped tightly around your ankle, you entered the building again; you quickly went towards the entrance where you had seen the skeleton pass by. He'd apparently already gone a long distance, for he was nowhere in sight and, aside from the noise of your own breathing and footsteps, everything around you was drowned in silence.

     Searching and walking around for what felt like centuries, you wondered if, perhaps, the skeleton had left you behind. It was of no doubt you were surprised, of your own actions, that is. You had never trusted someone as quickly as that, and with such an important thing as arriving to your freedom, at that.

     You decided to go back and think of another safer way in which you could return back home. Mentally cursing yourself for so easily falling into a trap, your thoughts were put to a stop once sensing the feeling of something behind you. You looked around in search for anything out-of-place, yet you encountered nothing.

     "Down here, buddy." a whimsical voice called out, breaking the extensive quiet that'd been close to driving you mad.

     Lowering your vision towards the voice, you were greeted by Flowey, who'd crawled into the bottom of the hotel's railings. He was sporting an irked look on his face and carried very little patience left in his leaves.