Chapter 7: A Friendly A-salt

Art made by Mzkrai on Deviantart.

     Both Toriel and you had enjoyed the time you had spent together. From talking about how you arrived at the Underground, to how Frankie ended up meeting with the monsters; it was a lengthy, yet satisfying talk. As the two of you talked, however, you were interrupted by the front door slowly creaking open.

     Out of the door came a brunette, short-haired child with slanted eyes, while holding the hand of a yellow-skinned, lizard monster. The monster had a worried look on her face, while the child seemed calm.

     "Frisk, my child! You've finally arrived! Come, take a seat. You too as well, miss Alphys."

     "Thank you, b- but. . . I h- have to get back to the lab." she replied through stutters. "I. . . I forgot something highly important for the children's chemistry class. . ." she trailed off once seeing you sitting on the couch. "O- Ohmygosh!"

     She quickly ran over towards your side, and gazed at your features with pure interest and curiosity.

     "You're the human who got out of the Underground yesterday, r- right?!" she questioned with excitement, rather expectant to hear your response.

     Confused as to why you were recognized by this matter, you nodded a bit hesitantly, and later spoke up.

     "Yeah. . . I am." you replied, while nodding your head in assurance.

     "I- I knew it! Uh, I mean. . . Uh, it's nice to meet you! My name is Alphys." the monster lady greeted, while waving in a friendly, though rather timid fashion.

     "Nice to meet you, as well." you said, while directing a warm smile towards her. "The name's ___________."

     As you were about to continue, you felt someone tug on the brim your shirt. Looking down, you saw the short-haired child: Frisk. Having finally grabbed your attention, they flashed an amiable smile at you, and waved in response.

     "Hello! You must be Frisk, right?" you asked with a cheerful tone, as you made eye contact with them.

     The child nodded, and began to make gestures with their hands. You observed for moment, and afterwards, caught on as to what they were doing.

     "Oh. . . That's sign language, isn't it?" you asked, once recognizing those actions. "I'm afraid I'm not very good at understanding it properly yet."

     "Ah, do not worry, dear. I can tell you what they are trying to communicate with you." Toriel chimed in, as she centering her gaze back to the child.

     Looking at Frisk's gestures, the goat lady understood quickly, and gave the message to you.

     "They are asking if you are related to Frankie."

     "Oh! Yes, yes I am. I'm Frankie's sibling." you replied to Frisk's question, thus giving them a small smile in response to their query. "Did you two become friends, perhaps?" 

     You remembered the game show's participant, and after you observed their appearance for some time, you realized it was them. It was of no doubt that it was the child standing right in front of was them. To your earlier words, Frisk responded with a joyful, energetic nod.

     "That's great! I hope you become even more fond of each other everyday!"

     Frisk nodded once again. This time, however, they seemed to be deep in thought. Rather, they seemed to have an idea playing on their mind. Creating hand gestures again for Toriel and you to see, the goat lady explained once more what they wished.