Chapter 18: Seeking Justice (Part 1)

Art made  by HurrArt on Tumblr.

(The closest I could find that could resemble how I picture Jessie!)

     You both stood in front of the heavy, wooden doors, awaiting that the guards returned once being notified that you had permission to enter. You were nervously playing with your curly locks, while Sans was drying himself up with the towel you had given him. Once finishing, he looked over at you, hoping to have some small talk before you were told to enter the building.

     "Ya feeling okay?" he curiously asked, once seeing your sickly face.

     "Yeah..." you mumbled, sending him a small smile. "Are you?" you then asked, which took him by surprise.

     "Uh, I am." he replied, unable to make out any other words.

     "Are you really? Can. . . Can skeletons even catch a cold?" you questioned again, thus rummaging inside you messenger bag.

     Your parenting instincts were showing up, since, by having left the children with Alphys, this led you to worry even more for the others. Taking out a juice pouch out of your bag, along with some pills, you stopped once thinking about something.

     "Err. . . Can you even drink something, for that matter?" you asked, now becoming curious on just how was he able to drink a bottle of ketchup back when you were all at the welcoming party.

     "I don't really need to do it, but I can."

     "Oh. . . I suppose you don't need to take medicines, then?"

     All of a sudden, you were becoming more and more frantic, seeing as you barely knew anything about those close to you.

     "I barely know much about you all!" you spoke, with a hint of sadness in your tone. "Yet, when I had that eye condition. . . You were able to heal me."

     "Hey, it's alright. That's the reason I give biology class."

     "I see. . ." you murmured, feeling awkward, and a tad disappointed that you knew so little of those surrounding you.

     After a short period of silence between him and you, the doors opened, revealing the guards that earlier told you to wait. The guards firmly excused themselves for the wait, and afterwards, gestured for the two of you to come inside the building. 

     Doing as told, you walked inside, immediately being greeted by the cool, yet cozy temperature of the building. After seeing you and your companion take in these surroundings, the guards gestured again for you to follow them. You both walked with firm posture, yet your steps were brisk, for the guards were quite quick on their feet.

     "Here you are. The Chief will be back from her meeting in a few minutes, hence I would suggest to do anything you have to do beforehand." one of them advised.

     "Thank you." you thanked, while nodding your head in acknowledgment.

     Once settled in, the guards left the room, and closed the door, leaving you standing in front of a small row of cushioned chairs. Three seats were taken by Undyne, Toriel, and Papyrus, who all immediately stood  up once spotting you and the short skeleton next to you. Papyrus, who noticed the peculiar outfit a certain human was wearing, was the first to reach your side.

     "Human! I never would've guessed you had such an amazing taste in fashion!" he spoke up, referring the ironed, snow white polo you were wearing.