Chapter 5: A Monstrous Reunion

Art found on Pinterest.

     The guards maintained their position, shielding the exit. They were expectant to hear what the skeleton, who had also gone to the your side, had to say.

     "Don't ya think it'd be easier if you'd just let them pass?" the skeleton asked, standing in front of the two guards.

     "That can't be done." one of the guards quickly replied, staying firm on the decision, while the other stayed quiet.

     "Listen, pal, this human over here's one of the few I tolerate." Sans began, his grin becoming wider as he said those words. "All the things I've put them through, the amount of times I messed with them, the puns I cracked. . . Yet, they stayed faithful to their promise."

     After taking a quick glance towards you, he faced the two guards again, and kept going.

     "They're pretty okay for a human."

     The area fell silent, and the guards could only look at each other, while Sans kept his position. It was as if he were expecting-- or rather, demanding for an answer. Napstablook and the little spider stayed next to you, for you were in a bit of a daze with everything that was happening.

     "Very well. . ." the firm guard spoke up. "I shall request for Undyne's presence."

    He gazed at the silent guard next to him, and afterwards, he gave him his staff.

     "Meanwhile, you will be left in charge." he ordered, whilst preparing to leave. "If they are to try anything strange, you shall face them into a battle."

     With those last words, he left, now leaving you and your company with a horse guard, just feet away from the exit.

     Napstablook was nervously shifting about, deciding if he should speak, while the little spider was curiously following him around the area. Meanwhile, Sans and you rested your backs on the wall, farther away from the exit. A silence had taken over the place, and you found yourself wondering if you should say anything.

     Once you decided on speaking up, however, you were interrupted. A loud, annoyed voice had boomed through the walls, thus breaking the tense silence.

     "This better be of importance! Last time you punks called me was to ask if I should let a spider pass through." the voice firmly exclaimed.

     From the exit emerged the guard along with a tall, blue fish monster with bright, red hair tied up in a ponytail and with an eye patch covering her left eye.

     "I can assure you this is much more important." he spoke, with his voice faltering ever so slightly. "Jean, bring over the human." he later ordered to the quiet guard.

     "Right away, sir." the other replied, while heaving a small sigh.

     The guard quickly walked towards you, and once standing in front of you, he grabbed you by the shoulder.

     "Please, follow me, human. . ." he whispered more than ordered, as he heaved out an almost inaudible sigh.

     The two of you quickly paced towards the fish monster. Once a few feet away from each other, he let go of his grip, which made you stumble slightly over your feet.

     "Here they are, miss Undyne. . ."

     Having left you in front of the fish lady, he stepped back, now going over to the other, strict guard's side.