Chapter 24: Being Human

Art made by Puung.

(Note: This chapter was heavily inspired by the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch.)

~~~~~

     Everyone seated on the dining table, complimenting Papyrus for his meal and chattering amongst yourselves. It was a rather enjoyable time you were all able to spend together, and you couldn't help but smile. This new family of yours was remarkable, and for a moment, you thought it would've been best if humans were the ones who were sent to the Underground. You had to admit, humans had caused a lot of damage to many things, from the Earth and its animals, to themselves. It was all rather an unjust decision that had been kept for a large amount of decades.

     Your smile started off faint once you finished up organizing the kitchen, and as you walked towards the living room. It soon, however, became brighter once seeing Lucas being patched up by Sans. He seemed rather reluctant at first, but once you assured him that the short skeleton meant no harm, he sat on the couch and stood still. Sans was now disinfecting the wounds on his knees, having finally finished with his small hands.

     "Geez kid, ya really did a number on yourself. . ." he muttered, seeing how blood continued to ooze and trickle down to his leg.

     You had patched Lucas up yourself after he had finished showering, yet it didn't turn out so well. Seconds after you had wrapped his knee, you could see how loose the bandages had become. Even with Frankie's scratches and bruises, you hadn't gotten very used to treating injured people.

     "Why does mommy tell me to not talk to you guys? I mean. . . You're really funny, and Pap- Parpyus. . . Uh, Papyrus is very nice-- He even gave me this action figure!" The child chattered with Sans, as he took out a pink figurine from his pocket. "It's a ninja ballerina!" He gushed, whilst showing it to the short skeleton sitting in front of him.

     "Heh, I guess they're just scared? Just like you back there?" Sans replied to the child's rambling, while looking at the little figure. "And that's cute. Never seen that one in his collection before."

     As the two kept on talking, you were busily arranging things around the house, feeling quite eager to welcome the mother. Perhaps, this would get her to be less hostile towards the monsters.

     And, who knows?

     You could probably gain some points in favor for yourself.

     "Thank you!" The child suddenly exclaimed, which led you to look towards that direction.

     You could see the child give the skeleton a big squeeze, and later run off towards the other children in the household. Once out of your sight, you walked towards the skeleton, who was searching through the first aid kit. Instead of putting away the stuff laying around, he seemed to be searching for other items, while deep in thought. Sensing your presence close by, however, he quickly looked towards where you stood, and later spoke up.

     "Hey. How're those hands feelin'?" He questioned, which led you to look at your hands.

     To your surprise, you could see they were swollen. The little incident back at the alleyway, plus taking the child in your arms, had done great damage to them. You quickly looked away from them, and put them down, wanting to hide them from his eye sockets.

     "They're fine." You mumbled sheepishly, while walking closer to the couch. "Do you need help putting all that back?" you then offered, looking to avoid any further questionings.