Chapter 1, Part 2: But Nobody Came

Gif made by milayin on Tumblr.

     After having walked a long distance through the dark, silent ruins, you started to ponder if it would've just been better to ask your sibling to search for help, yet something inside you had prevented you from doing so. It was a strange feeling, and it seemed to draw you farther into the ruins. You couldn't help but feel frightened, yet you managed to keep your calm. One reason being your sibling, and the other being, the strange feeling that pulled you in.

     Now having walked a short distance, you encountered a ghost who was floating about. The ghost, startled, approached you into battle. Having identified the ghost as Napstablook, a depressed, socially awkward ghost, you decided to reassure him that you meant no harm, and that you just wanted to go back to your sibling.

     "Oh... Sorry for disturbing you..." the ghost murmured apologies, preparing to leave.

     "It's alright." you responded, giving him a patient smile.

     After that encounter, you had gotten quite far into the ruins. You were now feeling much more calm about being in an abandoned place than you thought you originally would. However, as you passed by a room with some brightly colored buttons, you felt a strange sensation, a sensation of being challenged. Looking around, you waited for any noise or movement in response, yet nobody came. Shrugging the sensation off, you kept going forward, following the puzzles which led to your freedom and sibling.

     The first and most 'dangerous' puzzle was path with spikes. The spikes seemed awfully pointy and sharp, yet when you reached your hand out towards a batch of them, they went back inside the ground. You inspected this for a moment, thinking through just what this puzzle was all about. Once having a firm decision, you lowered your foot at the first path of spikes, and as you expected, they hid on the ground. Now knowing these spikes were harmless, you repeated the same action until you got through the end of the puzzle.

     The second, and most tedious of puzzles was now in front of you. It was a path of red leaves, similar to those you would find on the third season of the year, or on a Flamboyan tree. As soon as you took your first step into the trail of leaves, you fell down yet another hole.

     Luckily, this was but a two feet fall, and you didn't receive any damage. Other than the friendly, aching reminder your arm gave you each time you made an abrupt move, there weren't any mayor injuries. Looking around at your new surroundings, you could see the room looked rather odd. It possessed another trail of leaves, yet this one seemed more complex. The trail seemed to have some sort of pattern. Noticing the peculiar organization of the trail, plus the hint a nearby sign gave you, you decided to take the only exit this new area provided you, and headed forward.

     You were once again at the same location, hence why you decided to follow the earlier room's pattern. Your steps were careful and slow, fearing you might miss a step. It was a tedious walk, and you had never feared leaves this much in your entire life.

     First, a flower had attack you, abd now, leaves were making you fall. It was as if Mother Nature had decided to toy with you. Needless to say, it was a huge relief once you reached the end of both the room and the puzzle.

     You were getting closer towards your destination, which filled you with determination.

     After much walking and puzzle solving, you reached a place with two roads. Thinking over which path you should take first, you finally decided on taking the right one. Following that path, you found yourself standing in front of what seemed to be a background for a play, in which consisted solely of a lovely building that resembled a castle.