| Prologue |

TO THE READERS WHO'VE READ UNTIL CHAPTER 40:

The continuation will arrive on either Friday or Tuesday. This update is mainly to change the prologue, since it didn't exactly feel like one since the beginning. The old prologue is now 'Part 1' of 'Chapter 1', and the story has remained the same. (Though I might consider putting these together, once I manage to edit them.)

That would be all, and thanks for reading! ☺

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   After an arduous day of work, you threw yourself on the small, overly-patched couch of your living room. You let out a heavy sigh, relieved that your work week had finally come to an end. It seemed that, ever since a child of the Village was reported as lost, both your neighbors and boss had become much more violent and intolerant than before.

     Many accused the monsters of the child's disappearance, yet there was no evidence regarding their doings. They were far away from your village— they were sealed inside the undergrounds close to Mt. Ebott, and nobody had heard of them in centuries. It was highly unlikely for these accused monsters to have access to this land, yet the humans' immense hatred proved to be stronger than that. 

     After a some time of the child's disappearance, the humans were successful on destroying the natural beauty of Mt. Ebott, and prevented for any other human from crossing that path. Now, besides the Village and it's nearby bus stop, there was no other place to visit close by. Everyone now lived a monotonous life composed of work, eat, and sleep. Yet, strangely enough, everyone was complacent with it. No one dared to question their surroundings, and much less did they dare to question over the current state of the Village.

     Day by day, buildings and homes lost a great part of their beauty, and humans gained another sour note inside their hearts. Everyone worked for the sake of surviving another day, while children continued to study, in hopes that one day they could escape from the Village. Humans failed to noticed their faults, and each conflict that surfaced over them only served as a fuel for their selfish ways and inconsiderate actions.

     You shook your head, realizing you were becoming too immersed in your own thoughts. Luckily, your sibling arrived home, and helped bring a distraction by closing the door, while alerting you of their presence.

     "I'm home!" they called happily, running over towards the couch.

     They threw themselves at you, and wrapped their small arms around your neck, thus giving you an almost rib-crushing bear hug. You returned the embrace, as a smile crept over your face.

     "Did you say goodbye to aunt before leaving her home?" you questioned to them, as you tucked a stray lock of hair over their ear.

     "Yup!" they exclaimed, taking a seat next to you. "We're going to spend the weekend together, right?!"