Chapter 36: But We Refused

Art made by Revenciel on Deviantart.

(Pardon the late update! November and December tend to be the busiest months for me.)

~~~~~

     Finally, the faithful day had arrived-- the day in which the monsters would try to obtain their equality. 

     Everyone chattered happily among themselves, as they walked forward into the City. The crowd was decent in size, since almost every monster from both your town and the Village had agreed to join in. On the left side of the crowd were Napstablook, Muffet, the cupcake monster, and the lion-- among many others, which you didn't recognize so strongly. Whereas on the right were Undyne, Toriel, the two lovestruck guards, Lesser Dog, and many more. You continued to watch as everyone walked further, yet a gloved hand soon pulled you into the crowd. 

"Follow me, _________! I would like for you to meet with a fellow acquaintance of mine!" Papyrus spoke, as he made his way out of the crowd, and rushed you towards the City Hall.

     As you walked closer towards the destined building, Papyrus gently let go of you, and gestured for you to walk forward. Now focused, you could see three people were standing by the building's doors, yet, from this distance, it was difficult to identify any of them. One of them was large, while the other two looked small-- just like children. Finally arriving, you realized those two small figures were Frisk and Frankie, whereas the other, large figure was a male goat monster which, based on your knowledge on monster history, you identified as Asgore. 

     You were about to deliver your formalities, yet he quickly beat you to it.

"It is lovely to finally meet you in person, __________. I am Asgore Dreemurr, former ruler of the Underground, and, currently, the supervisor of all monsters." Asgore spoke, as he offered you a warm, somewhat proud smile. "I have heard you've created plenty of changes, those of which have helped create movement for our equality. I've been wanting to meet you, ever since rumors of two more humans living with monsters spread around this area."

"I should be the one to say such things, sir Dreemurr. I've heard about your actions at this city ever since I arrived here, and I've been anticipating to meet you someday. Many monsters I've encountered with have said wonderful things about both Toriel and you." you responded to his statement, as you returned the smile. "I think it's about time that both species treat one another well. It wouldn't be fair to leave things as horrid as they are."

     Suddenly hearing the clock strike twelve, Asgore's gaze was broken, by him taking a glace at the now empty streets of the City. Yet, something was bothering him. He felt as if a there was going to be something bigger awaiting everyone which had now gathered at the City Hall.

     Everyone had finally made it to their destined place, and they were quite ready to demand their deserved justice. They were ready to end the badmouthing, the threatening stares, and other disrespectful tendencies delivered by many human beings.

     Undyne and the guards were standing next to Asgore, waiting for everyone to settle down. Toriel had taken the children with her, as she tried to avoid a certain goat monster at all costs. Papyrus was standing next to you, clearly settled on the idea that he desired to shield you from any possible, unfortunate outcomes. Ever since he'd seen you get beaten up back at the school, he'd insisted on protecting you from harm.