Chapter 20

Crying Vampire

I was staring at Malcolm Bloodworth's back as he walked away from me.

Anong nangyari dun? I was sure he was about to say mean things to me, like he always does, pero biglang bumawi. Well, he is Malcolm Bloodworth. He's unpredictable.

"Astrid" Clad called me. I am sure it was his voice, the sound is like music to my ears.

Hinarap ko siya and I smiled at him

"You heard that?" I asked medyo nag-aalangan pa ako and nag aalala.

"Yeah, that was pretty hard to ignore but thank you. Thank you for standing up for me but---"

"What?" I asked

"I think that'll upset my brother more" he answered.

"Kanina mo pa sinasabi yan. He's Malcolm Bloodworth, he never gets upset" I told him at natawa lamang siya kaya nagsalubong ang kilay ko

"Astrid Turner, ilang anesthesia ba ang tinurok sa'yo at ganyan ka kamanhid?" -Clad. Then he snake his arm around my shoulders at naglakad kaya napasabay ako, "But it's fine, I find it really cute and convenient. In that way, I'll always have you for myself"

"Well that is kind of selfish of you Mr. Bloodworth" I kid and he laughed again, tapos may bigla akong naisip kaya hinawakan ko siya sa pulso

"Come" I said

"Where?" kunot-noong tanong naman niya

"Morgan and Giovanni left and I do not care about Malcolm's whereabouts and we have nothing to do, so we are going on a date. Plus you slept for centuries so I'm going to tour you to the present Firenze" I said cheerfully, like the Astrid in my dreams.

"I don't know Astrid. I'm Clad Bloodworth and who knows I'll encounter someone who knows me then the elders will know I'm back...and alive" Clad

I hugged his arms para magpacute. He is my boyfriend kaya hindi nakakahiya 'tong ginagawa ko.

"We don't casually meet the elders on the street so please...I still have to make you fall in love with me" me trying to convince him. He looked at me smiling. Bumaba ang kamay niya sa kamay ko, so now we're holding hands

"Fine, let's go" pagsuko niya and I was more than happy. I get my first date with Clad. This day is the best day ever!

***

"I did it" Elizabeth whispered to herself saka niya nabitawan ang espadang hawak hawak niya. Hindi siya makapaniwalang napatay niya si Malcolm Bloodworth. Akala niya'y mahihirapan siya ngunit ang dali lang pala nitong patayin.

She was losing patience. She wanted to be a hunter fast to end all her confusion. Her feelings towards Cross confuses her at pakiramdam niya kapag wala pa siyang gagawin ay susuko siya sa feelings niya para sa bampira.

And she was brave enough to plan to murder Malcolm Bloodworth--- the only existing pureblood vampire in the academy. She was not sure what drug did she took at naisipan niyang ito ang unang patayin. Maybe because Malcolm is the strongest and the purest vampire. Kapag nalaman ng mga white swans na napatay niya ang kaisa-isang pureblood sa Firenze--- kapag nagawa niya ang dapat na assignment ni Astrid sa organisasyon- she'll earn their trust and take her in. Yeah, that was her reason.

Muling pinulot ni Elizabeth ang kanyang espada. She didn't know where it came from or who gave this to her basta nagising na lang siya isang araw nasa tabi niya na ito. The design of her sword looks familiar though--- it looked like Astrid's dagger. She saw Astrid's dagger once, when she went through her stuff the first night Astrid slept in their room. Doon niya nakumpirma ang totoong pagkatao ng kaibigan.