Fuzzy Socks

If you've ever slept the whole day away, you'd understand how I felt when I woke up yawning every single second. I smile sleepily at the two boys in front of me.

"Where're your mum and dad?" I ask Romeo as I sit up and carefully place Harper's head on my lap.

"They dropped us off and went to do something." He tells me and turns the television on.

I grab my phone from the coffee table and yawn as I unlock it. I go to my unread texts, which are all from Liv and my mum, before replying to them and then going to Twitter. I tap the search bar and type in a name. I look at the profile and bio for a quick minute before tapping the follow button, which asks me if I want to unfollow him, and I tap unfollow.

I lock my phone and place it back on the table and yawn once again. I look over at Cruz and then Romeo and see Romeo is looking at my socks.

"What?" I ask him and lift my feet up.

"Why are you wearing fuzzy socks in seventy-degree weather?" I shrug my shoulders. "Why not?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders before returning his gaze to the television.

Harper wakes up after a while and takes a bath. I sit on the toilet lid as she takes a bunch of bubbles in her hands and blows them at my face. She laughs, which obviously makes me laugh, before doing it again. I take some bubbles in my hands and do the same thing to her and she laughs.

"You're too adorable." I smile at her and she thanks me.

"I miss you and Brooklyn taking me to places." She says and I give her a side smile.

"I promise to take you somewhere with him." I hold out my pinky.

"When?" She asks, hesitating to wrap her pinky around mine.

"Someday." I tell her before she wraps hers around mine.