chapter 16

~put out the fire before igniting
Next time you're fighting
Kill 'em with kindness.

Peter's POV

The kitchen is one of my favourite places in the house.

It is usually the most peaceful and happy place. It is quiet most of the time, and I love it. I also love cooking. And I am good in it. My father used to cook all the time, and teached me everything he knew, before you know, my sister died.

I felt a wave of sadness overtake me, but I cept on cooking.

Where is Kelly? She is taking a little longer than I thought. But my quiestion was answered when I herd her yell my name.

I droped everything. I litterally droped it, and ran up the stairs, taking two at a time. My heart was beating in my chest.

I rand to my room and threw the door open. The scene before me...

Barry was on top of Kelly ripping off her shirt and bra. Kelly was fighting but failed with Barry overpowering her.

I tackeled Barry and threw him off of Kelly.

"WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING!" I bellowed. Picking him up again and slamming him against the wall.

"What does it look like?" He said with a sheepish smile. My fist collided with his nose, and I could feel the nose breaking under my hand.

He wimpered in pain and I threw him out of my room, slamming the door shut. I locked it quikly to make sure he doesn't come back in.

I walked to kelly, and helped her up. I placed her on my bed. Before I could leave to get her a shirt, she threw her arms around me and started to cry. I rubbed her back soothingly, trying to comfort her.

"Thank you so much, Peter." She said.

"Its okey, your'e safe now." I said giving her a reasuring smile. She let go of me and used her arms to cover her bare chest.

I went over to my closet and gave her one of my t-shirts to put on. I turned around so she can put it on.

"You can look now." She said. I turned around and she stood up to hug me. I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm going to kill him." I said through klenched teeth. I could feel the anger rise up in my throught again. I really hate Barry. "I need to finish the food, want to help me?" I asked her softly. She nodded and followed me out of the room.

I wormed my arm around her waist protectively. I pulled her closer to me when we walked past Barry's room.

I took her into the kitchen and sat her down on one of the stools at the counter.

She sat in scilence while I made the food. Every now and then I would look over to her, to make sure she is still there.

I finished the food and we walked back to my room. Kelly sat on my bed and I handed her a plate of maceroni and cheese.

I leaned closer to her and looked at her. She stared down at her food. No words coming out of her mouth.

"You want me to take you home?" I asked softly. She looked up at me, shaking her head.

"No." She stated. "If you do, my stepmom and Kevin will know something hapened. I don't want anyone to know." She said looking back at her food.

I took my plate and sat next to her. I took a bite of my food, letting the cheese melt further in my mouth. I looked at Kelly noticing she barely touched her food.

"Are going to eat it or just stare at it?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry." She said. I sighed. Taking her and my plates, putting it on my desk.

"Hey, look at me." I said. Taking her chin gently and lifting it up so she would look at me. She had tears in her eyes. But something snaped and she couldn't ceep it together anymore.

The tears streamed down her face.

"Peter, I wish I could just fing my happynes. And carry on with my life." She sobbed. That was the moment I realised how incredebly miserables Kelly really is.

"Kelly." I said softly. "Happyness is not a destenation, its a way of life." I stated. She looked at me confused written all over her face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked.

"It means, that looking for happyness, isn't going to help. You need to live a happy life, not spend most of it serching for a happy place." I said softly. "You need to rest."

She nodded at the sound of rest and climbed into my bed. I quikly striped down to my boxers and locked my bedroom door... just to be safe. And climbed into bed.

She wiggled herself closer to me and pressed her body against mine. My arms sliped around her body and we slowly drifted off to sleep...

*****
Hey guys.
This chapter is a little shorter than the rest, but hey! It is a chapter!😉😉
So tell me what you think!
And please remember to vote and comment!
Oh and before I forget, the song at the top is "kill 'em with kindness" by Selena Gomez. Hope you like it!

*vote
*comment
*share
*enjoy

With HUGE smiles and a lot of thank you's

~jacodejongh101