- 1 -

Demi's POV

I wake up to the horrible sound of my alarm at 6:30am. It's Monday September 5th of 2016, and yes, unfortunately, summer has come to an end.

Today is the first day of school after 3 months of holidays, and even though I love children and my job, I'm still not mentally ready to be in a classroom to teach to 20 children of 7 years old.

It's my second school year in the Saint Prudence Elementary school, and I have had the luck to get the same class I got last year, of course, next level. Besides the fact that I'm not really in the mood of going back to work, I got the call from my last year's work mate telling me she wasn't going to be with me this year, so I'm even less excited than before...

It has been a crazy summer... I've had a lot of fun with my friends, family, and with my boyfriend, with whom I actually broke up a week ago. I think that's why I'm not in the mood of standing children right now. Anyway, he was an idiot and I swear we are never ever getting back together. I'm going to take time for myself, I don't need anybody else.

Now I better get up and get ready for school! I can't be late the first day of school! Let's get started!

Wilmer's POV

I'm drinking my morning coffee before I dress up to go to the Saint Prudence school where I start today as a new teacher.

I have just moved from Venezuela to Texas three months ago and I'm very happy to have already found a job.

Summer is one of the most beautiful times of the year for me, but honestly, I couldn't wait until it was over this year. When I left Venezuela, I left my whole family there too, so I've been feeling so alone...

I really hope being with my students can make me feel less alone! Hope those little ones will make me smile! Let's start this new school year!

Normal POV

The director of the school is waiting for the teachers in his office, he has to talk and explain to them how the course will be.

—Demetria Devonne Lovato, and Wilmer Eduardo Valderrama? —The director says from the door.

Demi and Wilmer stand up at the same time and they approach the door. Wilmer lets Demi get in the room first and he goes behind her.

—Good morning Mrs. Lovato! Good morning Mr. Valderrama! I'm Davis, the director of the Centre. —He introduces himself to Wilmer—. She already knows me! —Davis says, pointing at Demi—Every new school year I reunite the teachers some minutes before the first day starts to talk to them about the brand new school year. —He explains—. Please, take a seat!—He points to the chairs around his table and continues talking—. Well Wilmer, as you are new, I'm going to tell you some things you have to know... First of all, you are both teachers of second graders so you will have to teach them the same subjects and you will have to meet at least once a week to talk about those subjects so the both classes of second graders can be coordinated. —Davis clarifies.

Demi and Wilmer nod.

—Oh! —he says, surprised— I almost forget it! I don't know if you know that in this school, students in second grade go to a camp for a week to study things about the environment... As you are their teachers, you will go with them.

Demi's face changes when he listens to that. Going to a camp with her students for a week wasn't in her plans.

—Both of us? —she asks, astonished.

—Yes! Of course, both of you! It's impossible for a teacher to take care of 40 children on their own... Don't you think Miss Demetria? —he replies, serious.

—Yeah... —Demi nods.

—Well, so if you don't have more questions, you can leave.

Demi stands up, so does Wilmer.

—Have a great beginning! —Davis shouts seeing how the teachers left the office.

—Hey!! —Wilmer shouts seeing how Demi was walking to her classroom— We should introduce ourselves, wouldn't we?

—oh, yes. —Demi rolles her eyes—. I'm Demetria Lovato, but people call me Demi. By the way, I'm not always as irritable as I am today. I tell you in case you were thinking of asking it —she says straightaway.

—Nice to meet you Demi —Wilmer says, chuckling —. I'm Wilmer, and you can call me the way you want —he adds —. Just don't call me Wilmer Eduardo, that's how my mom calls me when she is mad with me.

—It's okay, I'll make that effort for you —she replies, smiling for the first time in the day.

—So looks like we will have to spend some time together this year...

—Yes, I've heard that too. —Demi keeps being a boor.

—We will start with the lessons tomorrow, so if you don't have anything more important to do this evening... We could meet and prepare the classes for the week. —Wilmer suggests.

—I'm not really in the mood today... But we have to, and to be honest, I'll spend the evening watching romantic movies crying while I pig out to eat too much ice cream. —Demi brags looking at the ceiling—So, it's okay.

Wilmer smiles happily, even though she is irritated today, she looks so funny and adorable.

—Okay, see you at 6pm in the cafeteria next to the school? —he tells.

—Ok! See you then! We better go and introduce ourselves to the little beasts in our classrooms. —Demi jokes around, for the first time in the day.

—Oh yeah! Good luck! Don't let them eat you up! —Wilmer teases Demi.

—Never my love, I have this down pat! —She winks at Wilmer and gets into her full loud children's classroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

This is my new Dilmer fanfic! As I said, I had already thought and wrote about doing this before Dilmer's breakup news, so it didn't stop me. I hope you read and enjoy this story!

Next update: Friday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋