- 6 -

Normal POV

—I'm sorry the house, it's not very tidied... —Demi opened the door— I didn't have much time this morning and, to be honest, I didn't expect any guests neither.

—Don't worry, it's okay... my home it's not at its best neither! —he replied cheerfully.

Both got in and Demi went straight to her bedroom.

—Take a sit on the sofa while I prepare everything —she shouted from her room—. I'm going to take my shoes off, here you have! Put them on! —Demi told him while leaving her bedroom and throwing a pair of slippers to Wilmer— I bought them for Cameron the weekend he cheated on me, so the day he came to take all his stuff, I took advantage of the moment he went to the bathroom to steal them from his bag —she smiled evilly and that made Wilmer laugh.

—You're such a mean girl! —he joked.

—And he is such a jerk, so we are at peace with each other. —Demi winked at Wilmer— you can keep them if they fit you, I won't have men at home for quite a long time.

—You're too sure about that!

—Yes, I am. And I make the most of this conversation to make sure you know this is not a date, Mr. Valderrama. —she said jokingly, imitating the voice of someone with authority.

—I know Miss. Lovato —he replied imitating her voice— I'm very aware of that! —Wilmer laughed.

Demi put her mom's food in the microwave, while Wilmer, who didn't let Demi prepare everything on her own, set the table. Then they started to eat.

—This is damn good —he said tasting the chicken soup— congratulate your mom from me!

—I'm so happy you liked it —she teased him—. Well, I think I've talked enough about me... what about you? Why did you move from Venezuela to Texas?

—Um... actually I'm here because of heartbreak too. —Wilmer lips started to shake—. My dad passed away 4 months ago and gosh, I loved him so much, he was my everything and I couldn't do anything to save him. —he explained while his eyes watered.

—oh my God, I'm so sorry... was he ill? —she asked concerned.

—No. ­—Wilmer wiped his tears—. It was a car crash, and I was the one driving. I fell into a deep depression and after being almost 3 months at home, without even going out to take air, my doctor, my mom and my two sisters decided it'd be great for me to leave my city to start over... But I decided to move out to the US and I decided to come here.

—You know you're a strong man, don't you? —Demi told Wilmer taking his hand.

—Thank you, I only want to find happiness. I need to forgive myself, and find my place.

—I'm sure you will, it's the turn for good things to happen to you! Now, let's talk about cool things!

—Yessssssss please! —Wilmer shouted cheering up.

They enjoyed the soup and the croquettes and they got to know each other better while talking about their life and hobbies. They were about to take their dessert when the door bell rang.

—Deeeeeeeeeeeemi!!!!! —someone shouted from outside— come on! Open the door!

—What the hell are they doing here? —she startled.

—Are you always so in demand? —he teased her.

Demi stood up and went to the entrance to open the door.

—SUPRISEEEE! —Matt Demi's friend shouted right after the door got opened.

—What are you guys doing here?

—Matt and I talked about how lately we hang out fewer and fewer... so we found out that a new pub has just opened and that the drinks are very cheap and we thought it'd be cool to come and take you there! —Marissa replied excitedly.

—Guys, I have to go to work tomorrow —Demi clarified.

—Since when is that a problem for you, Demetria Devonne? YOU ARE ALL PARTIE'S QUEEN! —Matt joked.

—Okay... that's not the problem —she whispered, trying for Wilmer not to hear.

—And what's the problem Demetrious? —Marissa asked, getting upset.

—The problem is that I'm currently not alone —Demi muttered.

—OH MY GOD! IS IT YOUR NEW HANDSOME WORKMATE?? —Marissa shouted astonished.

—Shut the fuck up Marissa!

—Anyway! You can invite him! He can come along! Let's go partying! Yoo-hoo!! —Matt replied dancing around.

—I hate you guys. —Demi mumbled—. Wilmer! Can you come, please?

Wilmer stood up from his chair and went nervously to the door.

—Hi!!!!!! —Matt and Marissa waved at him smiling.

—Oh my God! He really is handsome!! —Marissa whispered, gossiping with his Matt.

—These are my two best friends Marissa and Matthew. —She introduced them.

—You can call me Matt! —Matt cut Demi off and she rolled her eyes.

—Nice to meet you, I'm Wilmer.

—Can I continue? —Demi got irritated—. They came surprisingly to take me to a new pub and even though I tried to kick them out they refuse to leave without me —she explained quite annoyed— Wanna come?

—oh, thank you —he said gratefully— but I have to get up early tomorrow.

—Actually, I do too —Demi added, looking upset at her friends.

—Coooome on! It'll just be two drinks! —Marissa said, getting bored.

—Well... —he whispered— two drinks, its okay, I agree.

—Wohoooooo! High five Wilmer! —Matt jumped.

—Great! —Demi murmured angrily— I'm going to take my sweater.

—YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS GIRL! —Marissa high fived Matt now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Here's the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Wednesday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋