- 25 -

Demi's POV

As the school Christmas' show was on December 23rd, Christmas day came on by flying. The sleepover wasn't as cool as I imagined it'd be, because I never imagined Wilmer could do what he did to me. I know it can sound a bit selfish, but I was willing to put my family aside on Christmas just to go to Paris with him so he wouldn't be alone for Christmas... but then, he wasn't ready to do the same for me...

It was hard for me to assume that he wasn't different, like, I thought he'd do anything to be with me, I thought he loved me so much that he'd have told her mom, he had a trip with me...

I'd never forbid him to visit his family, but I think he could have also explained it to them and he could have gone with me to Paris and travel to Venezuela for New Years eve, but anyway, he decided to cancel our plans and I had to accept that.

Besides I didn't want it to ruin my Christmas' day so I decided I was not going to call nor even think about Wilmer the whole day. I was going to celebrate it as if nothing did happen. I just needed to enjoy the time with the people I loved the most, my family.

—Demi!!! Demi!!! —Madison yelled at the other side of my room at my parents' home—. GET UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS!! SANTA LEFT PRESENTS FOR US! COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!

I got up feeling the huge smile in my sister's face running through my door. I washed my face, brushed my hair and I went downstairs still in my pajamas to see my family all together around the Christmas tree.

—Merry Christmas! —I said, getting into the hall.

—Merry Christmas, love! —my mom replied—. That's for you! —she pointed at my gifts.

—Hey, can you please open mine first? —my big sister Dallas told us—. As we don't live together anymore... I thought you both would love to have this in your rooms...

I had a lot of presents that day, but to be honest, Dallas' present was the best gift I could have received that day. It was a photo frame with a lot of photos from the three of us through the years and I felt so blessed for that and for the gift to have such amazing and lovely sisters.

The day went on and my grandparents, aunts and cousins came over to have lunch with us. We swapped more presents and ate and sang a lot of Christmas carols. I was really happy and proud of myself for spending Christmas day away from my phone, just focusing on my family... But then I remembered I had been so stubborn not to take my phone that I had also forgotten to wish a merry Christmas to my besties!

Ma👯: MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY! 😍 😘 😗

Matt💃: YEEEEY SAME GOES TO YOU GIRLS!! HOW'S IT GOING?

Ma👯: It's great! I'm at my grandparents!

Matt💃: Demetria must be having a good time to bc she doesn't reply since yesterday night 😂

Ma👯: Yeah, she said she didn't want to log in by here bc she didn't want to reply to Wilmer...

Me: hey hey hey! I'm here! I know you've been missing me!😏 Merry Christmas to you too luvssss!😜

At that moment my phone started to buzz and I couldn't avoid rolling my eyes when I saw it was Wilmer...

Me: It's your fuckin' fault! He's trying to face time with me! Ugh!😠

Ma👯: Pick up Demetria! I beg you!

I threw my phone into the table next to me and I sat thinking about what should I do, but at the end, I decided to pick up.

"Hi" I replied the rudest that I could.

"Thank you for picking up" he said "I've been trying to contact with you for a long time. Merry Christmas!"

"I'm celebrating Christmas with my family so I'm not using my phone that much... Thank you and same to you" I said about to hang up.

"Demi! Please, I wanted to apologize... I've been so stupid! I know should have gone with you, but... I missed my mom so much..."

"I know Wilmer, you did what you thought it was the best. Even though we don't share the opinion, I know I have to respect that." I explained "But I think you should also understand that I've felt forgotten and that it's never cool to play second chair... Ugh I hate to say thing because I know I probably sound so selfish and I don't want to"

"it's okay Demi... I just hope you can forgive me... because I love you so so so much and there's not a minute that I don't feel horrible about what I did... I'm so sorry seriously... Even my mom told me I should have gone with you..." he told me almost in tears.

"Wilmer, stop. It's okay. It hurted me, but I see you really feel sorry and you already apologized... we will talk about it when you come back! Don't worry and have fun over there, okay?" I said, feeling the urge to hug him "I love you to death too, and you know what we have is so special to me" I smiled.

"I know baby, it is for me too" he smiled brightly too.

Suddenly, when the moment was near perfection, a clearly Latin girl came into Wilmer's room and kissed his cheek.

"Hi Wil! Who are you talking to?" she said TOO lovingly.

"She... she is my coworker and... a friend" he muttered.

That word pricked me like if it was a pin. Why didn't he tell her I was her girlfriend?

"Oh hi! You look beautiful!" she replied smiling.

"Thanks, you too" I tried to sound nice, but I was saying the truth. She was really beautiful " And you are?"

"I'm Wilmer's 3rd grade's best friend! We saw each other yesterday for the first time since we were in high school!" she said smiling like if she was the happiest girl in the world" It was so amazing and special for us!"

I didn't know why and I did want to control it, but I couldn't and I felt so jealous that I was feeling like exploding.

"Well, I hope you guys have fun together there!" I mumbled "Enjoy Wilmer! I'm happy you have a great FRIEND to have fun with, there! Bye"

I hung up and I screamed the loudest I could before going back with my family. Wilmer decided to go to Venezuela and she was spending her vacations with her old best friend, who had turned into a hot and pretty woman.

I was lost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Here's the new chapter, I don't know why but I feel this has been the worst I have written until now... I hope you can forgive me! Also sorry for being late!

I'll try to do it better next time!

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Saturday-Sunday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋