- 13 -

Demi's POV

I looked at Wilmer who was shocked looking at me, and then I looked back at Marissa and Matt who were smiling from ear to ear.

My brain was rushing and I knew I had to do it so I looked at Wilmer again and I started to get closer, as he followed me. In a matter of seconds my lips touched his and Marissa and Matthew started the countdown.

I was so nervous, shy and ashamed that I wasn't even able to close my eyes to the kiss.

—Come on, Demi! —Marissa shouted distracting me—. That's a simple kiss! The game said "MAKE OUT"!

I looked at her with the gaze of a murderer and nodded.

—I'm not a wimpy! —I said grumpily.

I put my hand around Wilmer's neck and I pressed my lips to his again. This time I introduced my tongue in his mouth and I started to play with his.

I understood Wilmer started to enjoy the kiss when he took my head in his hands and closed his eyes. I felt his tongue circling my tongue's end now and it felt amazing. Wilmer knew how to kiss.

—Half a minute guys!!! 30 minutes more!! —Marissa said while Matt kept counting.

Wilmer opened his eyes and his gaze found mine. We smiled at each other and, this time, both of us closed our eyes, carrying on with our kiss. I started to stroke his hair while we kissed and he put his hand on my waist.

—15 seconds!!! —Matt warned.

We started to slow down the kiss as time was getting to an end. He started to stroke my cheeks as I pecked his lips. We separated our lips for a second and I really didn't want to think of how scared I was about what I was feeling.

He closed his eyes and kissed me again, this time, he bitted my lower lip and I moaned softly.

—TIME IS OVERR!!!!

—Great! —I high fived Wilmer playing down to the kiss—. I'm going to sleep. I'm really tired. See you tomorrow! —I waved at them and I went upstairs.

Wilmer's POV

I woke up to the sound of the rain hitting my bedroom's window. I got out of the bed and I headed to close it when I saw Demi through it, sitting next to the swimming pool behind the garden's pergola.

I stared at her for a moment, then I closed the window, put on my flip flops and I went downstairs to the garden.

—Can't sleep? —I asked, putting a hand on her back and sitting down next to her.

—Exactly! —She replied sadly.

—What's wrong?

—Not a big deal. It's just too many things running around my brain.

—Want to empty it telling me anything? —I said, looking at her.

—I'd rather throw it to the pool! —she joked.

—You can't do that! You've got 20 children to teach at school!! —I joked back and she smiled—. Come on; pour out your heart to me.

—I don't know... It's that I'm too confused! I'm going crazy! —she said nervously—. I'm thinking about all that it's been happening these last days... —she sighed— One day you are living with the one you think it's the love of your life, you're very in love and you're ready to get married... And the next day it's all gone...

—Yeah... —I nodded sadly— I have felt that way too with the loss of my dad... Not that I was about to marry him —I tried to make her laugh—, but you know I lost him unexpectedly.

Demi nodded and smiled at me with a sad gaze, and then she looked back to the swimming pool.

—But that's not all... —she took a deep breath— Right at the moment you're ready to let it go, ready to be single, to take care only of yourself... A new person comes to your life and... You can't do anything! He... he... you can't, try not to like him, you know?!

—I know... —I knew how she felt, because I felt the same about her— Demi... I don't want to seem like a snob but... Am I that person?

—Of course you're Wilmer!! —She shouted—. I can't keep denying it! Ugh!

—But Demi!! I feel the same way! Why do we have to deny it! I like you a lot! —I blew up—. Look Demi... I'm also very confused like... This have never happened to me neither... I don't know if it is love at first sight... or maybe that I was so alone and you were the one that made me feel "loved",... I don't know, but I have feelings for you...

—But fuck Wilmer!!! That's not possible! Didn't you hear Mr. Davis last Friday? We can't be together!!

—Demi! I didn't understand anything! You didn't even tell me what the hell happened the last school year! How will I understand what he meant? —I replied, upset.

—Oh! True! I'm going to tell you right now! —She yelled—. Miss. Smith the teacher you are replacing was the teacher of your students last year. She was my co-worker and a great friend 'cause we started new in the school the same year... She was a great teacher and everybody loved her... until her and Mr. Barton fell in love. When all the children found that out they went crazy and they told their parents... Almost all of them didn't like the idea of two teachers being a couple at school... They didn't like the idea of their sons and daughters seeing them cuddling or kissing... —she rolled her eyes and continued—. It's just nonsense, right? Well, it was not. Parents complained about it and the teachers didn't mind about it so they didn't do anything. But one day it happened, Miss. Smith and Mr. Barton kissed at break time and parents went crazy. Mr. Davis didn't know how to manage the situation and he made a meeting with the parents... The solution they found was to fire them. THEY FUCKING FIRED THEM!

I stared at Demi who was very anxious and scared remembering what she lived last year. I could understand her fear now... No one deserves to lose his job just because he is in love.

—But that's not fair —I managed to say.

She looked at me and nodded.

—And... What if we date secretly? —I suggested excitedly—. No one needs to know.

Demi turned around to see me and smiled.

—I wish it was so easy —she replied, looking back at the starry sky, now that the rain had stopped.

—We can make it easy! —I added and I took her hand.

I looked her in the eyes and we stared at each other for some minutes. I put my hand on her beautiful face and I stroked her cheeks. We started to get closer and closer, until we leaned to kiss. I was in a dream. I couldn't believe I was kissing Demi again, even less that she was kissing me back.

It was brilliant, although it was clearly a kiss full of fear, but also full of desire. Our lips separated when our foreheads leaned on each other's and we sighed.

—This is wrong Wilmer. It's not possible.

That was the next thing I heard and the last thing I saw was a broken Demi leaving me all alone sunken in my thoughts.

That weekend was supposed to be the beginning of our fairytale story, but everybody knows they don't exist. That's why instead; that weekend led us to grow apart in the coming months... The hard months in where we just focused on our work and ignored our feelings, not talking or even looking at each other...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I'm sorry for uploading a day later but I really couldn't do it yesterday :(

Here's the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Monday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤💋