- 37 -

Wilmer's POV

—I'm carrying your first baby! —Lucia shouted happily, getting us shocked.

I stayed there, stunned, in front of her trying to assume what she had just said.

—Excuse me —Demi reacted in a low voice.

She turned over and ran to my room's bathroom.

—Demi! —I called her desperately, but she didn't reply.

—FUCK! —I shouted too angrily—. This is a mess!

Lucia looked at me upset and crossed her arms in disapproval.

—Excuse me, but I don't like to hear that my baby is a mess! —she said in a sassy tone.

—It's not the baby! It's the situation! —I explained—. It's crazy!! I need to talk to her! —I added ready to walk to my room.

—Wilmer! Don't leave! We need to talk about our future! —Lucia said palpating her baby bump.

—I know Lucia and we will! But she is too upset! I need to talk to her asap! —I ignored her desire to talk—. Take a seat on the sofa! I'll be right back.

I led Lucia to the hall and I headed to search Demi. I walked carefully into my room and I placed my ear in the bathroom's door to hear Demi's sobs.

—Demi, love... —I whispered sweetly—. Open the door for me please.

At that moment I heard the sink's water run and I supposed she was trying to wipe her eyes and remove her ran makeup.

—Demi, I'm coming in, please —I begged.

Demi opened the door and as soon as I got in, she leaped on me and hugged me, her eyes watering again.

—Shhh, it's okay baby... It's gonna be okay —I whispered, rubbing her back as she cried into my shoulder.

—Wilmer, what does it all mean? —she said whining—. Is this the end? —she asked, looking me into my eyes.

—How can you think that way Demi? —I chuckled while I took her hands now—. I might have to take care of that baby, but that doesn't mean I will love that woman! She has always been my friend and I can't see her any other way...

—Well... she will be now the mother of your child... —Demi groaned.

—Demi please, you are the only woman I need in my life! I love you and this won't change the way I feel about you, I promise you! And I'm really, really sorry, and to be honest, I wished this had never happened! I'm sorry for hurting you! I thought that thing was already forgotten and now this... —I told her and I pecked her lips.

We hugged back and we spend some minutes holding each other until Demi reminded me I had to come back to Lucia.

—Come with me please —I asked her—. I need you there with me.

Demi kissed my cheek, took my hand and walked behind me to the hall.

Normal POV

—We are back! —Wilmer said while they got into the hall.

—Hi! It felt like forever! —Lucia complained.

—Sorry, we also needed to talk! —he replied to her comment—.Well, tell us —he said while they took a seat too.

—Well... as you might know if you had calculated it, I'm 4 months pregnant! It was that night of New Years' —she explained while smirking, clearly happy about it—. I have known it since February but I had to think about what I wanted to do and I decided I wanted it so I decided to tell you, because you are his daddy!

—Great... So the baby will be born in September? —Demi asked, trying to sound quite interested.

—Yes, it will! Next month we will already know the sex! —she shouted clapping excitedly.

—Okay... umm... Wilmer... he will help you during the pregnancy —Demi told her, even if it hurt her.

Wilmer turned his face to see her and I nodded.

—Yeah... I will... and I will for sure give you the um... the pension, you know, the money for the baby... —Wilmer said, seriously.

—Okay! Excellent! —Lucia accepted—. I had already asked the transfer of my medical record from my hospital in Venezuela to the one here in Dallas so... I will have my next medical appointment here... You will come with me, won't you?

—Sure... —Wilmer replied, not really emotional and then it hit him—. So... will the baby be born in the US?

—Yes!!!! —she danced around—. That way he will have the two nationalities!

—So... You will be here until the baby comes? —Demi asked, praying not to hear what she was about to listen to.

—Yeah!!!! But I won't really disturb you! I have already rented a house near from here!

—Good —Demi fake smiled.

—Well, I think it's time for me to leave and let you guys assume all this! —Lucia said, standing up from the sofa.

Wilmer and Demi walked behind her to the door.

—Well, we will keep in touch! —Wilmer told her while opening the door for her.

—Yes! And... Um... I wanted to apologize to you Demi... I know this is probably not comfortable for you, but I never meant to hurt you... —she said sincerely—. But to be honest, I didn't even know Wilmer had a girlfriend!

Demi rolled her eyes angry to hear that.

—Yeah... she must have told you time ago... —she mumbled and fake smiled.

—Anyway, thank you for your understanding and be quiet, I'm not interested in breaking your relationship! —she teased them.

—Yeah, we know! —Wilmer replied—. Bye Lucia!

—Bye!!! —she said seeing how Wilmer closed the door—. I'm not interested in breaking your relationship... YET! —she muttered with the laugh of an evil, while she walked home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I got time to take a rest from studying today, so I wrote!

So here's the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

I know you probably don't really like drama, but it's needed this time! hahaha 

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Wednesday-Thursday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋