- 59 -

Demi's POV

—What's happening here? —Miss Kelsey, asked walking among the children.

—Guys, calm down —Mr. David said, walking behind her.

They got to get in my classroom difficultly. I was still crying, while Evelyn, Jake and Allyson hugged me pouting as well.

—What's wrong? —Mr. David asked seriously.

—Mr. Valderrama left! —Evelyn replied sadly.

Kelsey and David looked at me with a confused look and I nodded at them.

—How would he leave without saying goodbye? —Kelsey told us.

—He left me a letter, he is gone —I said between sobs.

Mr. Davis put both of his hands into his face, covering his eyes for some seconds, thinking deeply. Miss Kelsey, on the other hand, she put her hand on her pregnant belly and she sat down at my desk, trying to assume what I had just said.

—What did the letter say? —Mr. David broke the ice.

I wiped my tears and unfolded the letter.

—He said he had to leave so I could keep my job —I replied—. He is going to search for another job, but like he thought he would have a steady work at his old school in Venezuela he left there.

—I can't believe it... —Kelsey whispered.

Mr. David started to walk closer to me and in a matter of seconds he was hugging me and rubbing my back comforting me.

—He wouldn't like to see you sad... —he whispered into my ear. 

I smiled between sobs and I hugged him tightly. Soon Kelsey and my little students joined the hug.

—Guys, this can't stop us! —I told them—. He personally wrote me that he wanted you to slay today! He believed in you and we are going to do this!

All the dejected children raised their heads to look at me. Their innocent faces transmitted me so much hope that my heart forgot its pain for a moment and I smiled brightly to them.

—We won't defraud you guys —Jake stated, half smiling.

—Get on with it! —Evelyn shouted while clapping her hands and mobilizing all her mates that blocked the corridor.

—For Mr. Valderrama! —Evans shouted straightaway.

—Let's do it then! —I told them wide opening our classroom's door so all of them could get in.

—I'm sure it's gonna be amazing! —Kelsey said joyfully.

—See you guys then in the show! —David waved at us, before winking at me.

We spent the next two hours rehearsing and perfect the play. We also prepared the costumes and as Wilmer was missing and I was alone, Miss Jane came to help me do their hair and makeup.

—I look super handsome —Jake joked, looking himself in the mirror with his Romeo clothes on— Don't I?

Jane and I looked at each other after staring at him for some seconds and we burst out laughing.

—Oh Jake! Stop being so full of yourself! —Evelyn complained, rolling her eyes while I curled her hair.

—Evelyn, please! Don't move or I'll burn you!—I warned her, trying to get serious after the laugh attack.

—Evelyn! Don't get nervous about dating such an incredible man —he replied.

—He said man, Jane —I told her smirking and making her laugh again.

—I can't stand when he acts like that Miss Demi! —she rolled her eyes—. Honestly Jake, you should be the one nervous here having me, the Queen Evelyn of Saint Prudence's Elementary as your girlfriend —Evelyn told him with an air of superiority.

—But are you even a couple? No. It's just a play! —Allyson said tired of seeing them argue.

—That's the most typical way to flirt! —Violet said, giggling.

—We are not flirting Violet! —Evelyn yelled.

—Stop shouting guys! —I shouted and poured hairspray into Eve's hair—. Go preparing the last things guys, we are almost done!

The music that indicated the start of our play started and I was as nervous as all of our students from the other side of the curtains that separated us from the stage. I helped my students to get on the stage and I stayed behind the curtains looking at them from one side of the stage, while Mr. David recorded it with my phone so I could send it to Wilmer later, if I got to speak to him.

—We are enemies of the Montesco, so obviously you can't love Romeo! How could a Capuleto love a Montesco? Please, Juliet! —Aaron, who played Juliet's father yelled.

—But, father! —Evelyn complained—. I can't stop the love! —she yelled back.

—Yes, you can! You won't see Romeo anymore! That's the way!

My eyes started to water as I saw them acting. I could feel the resemblance in our stories. I felt empathy and I missed Wilmer already. The silence on the stage got me out of my thoughts and made me focus on Evelyn and Jake who were on the stage again. I took the play's script fast and I started to search for that part of the play, because it seemed like they had forgotten their lines.

When I found it, I whispered to Evelyn what she had to say, but she wouldn't keep talking. I started to feel anxious right when Jake winked at her and whispered 'now'.

—So what do you suggest? —she continued correctly with her part.

I wondered what they were planning to do.

—There's nothing we can do Juliet, you know our relationship has no future... We can do anything against forbidden love... —Jake replied as Romeo—. I'll take the potion, so I'll leave this world and let you forget about me... You will find the right love, I promise.

—What are you saying!? —Evelyn shouted, making like if she was furious and changing the play's script.

I looked within the script crazily all over and over again and I couldn't find anywhere what she was saying... I tried to warn her that she was not following the storyline, but she was not paying attention to me... WHAT WAS SHE DOING?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Here's the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

I'm really sorry for this long delay, but I ain't have time to write! :'(

I had written this 59th chapter super long but before updating I thought that like I won't

probably have time to write for next week, I could  break it in two different ones... so, I hope this wasn't boring!

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Sunday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋