- 53 -

Demi's POV

Last night was hard. Wilmer was very sad and discouraged and it was hard to cheer him up. I spent the whole night thinking about what I could do to help him feel better, or at least, what I could do for him to get that sadness off his chest. It took me a lot of time, but after thinking and over thinking, I got an awesome, amazing bright idea.

I got up of bed at 2am, leaving Wilmer sleeping in my bed and I headed to take my laptop. I needed to plan my idea and buy the tickets we needed to carry it out. I searched it on the internet, selected the time I wanted to go to that place and paid with my credit card. Then, when everything was ready, I went back to bed, falling asleep thinking about my great surprise for Wilmer.

The sunlight was getting in my bedroom when my alarm started to ring. We got up, had a shower and we went downstairs to the kitchen to have breakfast before going to the school.

—Don't make plans for this afternoon —I let drop the fact that we had a plan while I chewed my omelet and I stirred my coffee with a spoon.

Wilmer raised his head to look at me.

—What are we up to? —he asked curiously.

—It's a surprise —I replied giggling—. You'll have to wait...

—May I say I'm afraid? —he told me.

I laughed at his face expression and said:

—You don't need to be... —I chuckled.

—I'm even more afraid now... —Wilmer added scared, making me throw my head back laughing.

Normal POV

Demi was in her classroom with her students. The little ones were writing an essay about the days they spent in the camp for their writing lesson. Demi was correcting some math exercises in her teacher's desk when someone knocked on the door and made everyone look out.

—Hi guys! —Wilmer said, getting into their class.

—Hi Mr. Valderrama! —children waved at him happily.

Wilmer smiled and walked next to Demi.

—I need to bring these papers to Mr. Davis, could you Demi please look after my students for some minutes? —he asked—. I'll let the door open so you can have a look from here once in a while.

—All right —Demi nodded—. Go, don't worry.

Wilmer smiled and winked at Demi.

Some minutes later, Violet and Aaron got into Demi's class.

—Guys! What are you doing here —she asked, getting up from her chair—. Let's go back to your class!

—Wait Miss Lovato! —Aaron said.

—We just wanted to ask you something! —Violet added. —So, what is it?

—Mr. Wilmer looks sad, doesn't he? —Aaron asked.

Demi stared at them for some minutes not knowing what to say and then she nodded.

—Well, he is going through a difficult time... But he will be better soon, don't worry...

Aaron's and Violet's face turned sad.

—Is there something we can do to help him get better faster? —Violet asked, smiling.

Demi smiled innocently because of the student's good intention.

—Maybe you can gift him some drawings or a letter or something like that? —she told them.