- 40 -

Demi's POV

It was already 2 weeks since Lucía had to go to the emergency room, so she had already been two weeks living with Wilmer in his apartment. I had tried to be understanding, because I knew Wilmer was as responsible as Lucía was, so he had to struggle with problems like that too, but it sometimes was difficult for me to accept that even if I was his girlfriend and she wasn't, she was the one that was sharing most of her time with him.

Anyway, every time I thought about that I tried to change my mind thinking about Wilmer's and I's relationship's positive things and that was what I was doing right in that moment. It was Saturday in the morning and I was cocking breakfast at Wilmer's because he had invited me to sleep there on Friday. I was the first one waking up so I decided to prepare it, also for Lucía, I had to be polite.

Wilmer had been acting quite weird these days, as if he was concerned about something, but every time I asked him he acted like if it was nothing. I guessed he was nervous because that same Monday we were finally going to the school camp with our little students and we were very excited, because we were going to spend so much time together.

—Good morning baby —I pecked his lips when he got in the kitchen.

—Why did you wake up so early? —he said, enclosing me in his arms—. You didn't give me time to snuggle!

I laughed and kissed him again.

—I'm sorry, I needed to pee and I couldn't sleep anymore —I chuckled.

—¡Buenos días familia! (Good morning family!) —Lucía shouted smiling—. What did you guys cook? It smells delicious!

I rolled my eyes about the fact of she calling us "family" and I turned over to smile at her.

—Just coffee and cream and chocolate pancakes —I told her—. Serve yourself! —I said nicely, making Wilmer smile.

—¡Dios mío Lucía! (Oh my God) —he shouted happily—. That little baby bump is becoming very obvious! —he added with sparkling eyes.

—Yes!! Our baby is growing up! —she replied, rubbing her tummy.

"Our baby" ugh, dealing with that pregnancy was going to be more uncomfortable and annoying that I thought.

I fake smiled again and we sat in the table ready to eat breakfast.

—Well guys! You're leaving tomorrow! Are you excited? —Lucía told us while she took a bite of a pancake.

—Yes... Well —Wilmer muttered, making me choke because of his sudden indecision—... Only if you don't mind, I'm quite scared of you being alone, the doctor didn't recommend it.

—Wilmer —I cut him off—. You can't refuse to go to the camp two days before the day... Mr. Davis wouldn't approve it and I can't take care of 40 children for a week on my own.

—But I think he could understand it if he knows the reason... Maybe Miss Kelsey or Mr. Dave could go in my place... —he replied, delicately.

I was so jealous, I knew he had to be responsible, but I couldn't believe he was ready to stand me up that way.

—Just a friendly reminder that Miss Kelsey is also pregnant, and to be honest, I don't think any teacher will be ready to go to a camp if they are warned at the last minute.

I was trying not to sound too upset, but Wilmer who already knew me too well, looked me in the eyes and he realized how hurt I was.

—Wilmer, seriously, Demi is right —Lucía intervened—. There's no need for you to stay, I've been feeling amazing these past days... I'm okay. Go with Demi and enjoy those romantic days you've got ahead! —she patted his arm.

—Actually, I don't think they will be so romantic... We can't let anyone know we are a couple! Regulations of the school! No couples if you want to keep your job! —he laughed.

I knew Wilmer didn't mean to hurt me, but he was getting it with that interest and the excitement he was showing for the camp. I really needed to get out of there, so I took my plate and my cup of coffee and I stood up.

—I need to leave already —I said, placing them into the kitchen sink—. See you! —I added and walked to Wilmer's bedroom to get changed into my outdoor clothes.

Normal POV

—Wilmer, you should go behind her —Lucía suggested to him—. I don't know why, but I bet she is upset! —she laughed.

—Yes, I think she's upset too —he replied concerned.

—Don't worry, she must be in her days... you know period —she said laughing and trying to sound funny, but Wilmer didn't laugh at her joke.

—I'll talk to her, see you then —he stood up and left the kitchen.

Wilmer opened the closed door of his bedroom and saw Demi in her underwear, ready to put her jeans and shirt on.

—Wow, that curves though —he shouted lovingly, hugging her from her waist.

—Let go of me, please —she groaned.

—What's wrong Demi? —he asked, releasing her—. Is it something that I said at breakfast?

—What do you think? —she replied, smiling ironically—. Maybe it's your wants to come to the camp with me? Your interest to go is huge! —Demi said, putting her jeans on.

—Demi, you know I want to go —he said taking her hand—. I just don't know how to act mostly of the times, you know? It's not easy to be a good boyfriend for you and a good father for Lucía's child at the same time.

—YOUR child Wilmer, don't forget that little detail! —she mumbled.

—I don't forget that! That's why I act like this Demi! Do you think it's cool for me? I think you are being very selfish right now! —he shouted, getting angry.

—Selfish? —she shouted back—. Great! —she dressed her shirt now.

Demi put her boots and walked to Wilmer's bedroom's bathroom. He looked at her from the edge of the bed where he was sitting. Some seconds after, he got up and walked to the bathroom's door, relying his back on it.

—Demi, I don't want us to be upset at each other —he murmured—. I'm really sorry and you can't think I don't want to go, I really didn't know how to act... I didn't know what the correct thing to do was...

Demi closed her eyes; she kept her pink lipstick into her toilet kit and turned over to look at Wilmer.

—I just sometimes feel like you forget this is difficult for me too —she replied.

—I know it is Demi, I know it's even more uncomfortable than for me and that's why I don't know how to act, because I don't want to hurt none of you. I seriously am so happy that Lucía accepted my trip to the camp... You have to understand I needed to ask her...

—I know, but you should have asked her sooner! Imagine if she would have said no! —Demi complained.

—But she didn't —he winked at her.

—Wilmer, I'm not in the mood to joke, sorry.

—Let me hug you, now? —he pouted making her smile—. By the way, I really can't wait for our romantic days... Romance has its room between us this next week, we won't be with the little ones 24/7 —he half smiled.

Demi laughed and she kept doing her makeup.

—I can't wait to make love to you —Wilmer whispered into Demi's ear.

Demi giggled and he kissed her on her cheek before she left the bathroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Here's the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

The camp starts in the next chapter! YAAASS!

Feel free to vote and to comment your opinion!

Next update: Wednesday-Thursday

Thank you so much, stay strong ❤️💋