Picking Sticks

"It's your turn to pick" Carrie said, straddling her husband on the couch with the cup of Popsicle sticks in hand.

"Oh gosh, okay" Mike chuckled. He closed his eyes and pulled out a stick.

A couple months ago, Carrie and Mike sat down and wrote down tons of date ideas they got off the internet and at least once a month they pulled one out of the cup to do instead of just a cliché dinner date.

"Go Skinny Dipping " Mike read aloud, raising an eyebrow at Carrie and smirking.

"Oh my god." Carrie rolled her eyes and laughed.

"We have to follow the sticks." Mike smiled, waving it back and forth.

"Where are we-"

"There's a little lake three minutes down the road Carrie." Mike interrupted her, caressing her hips under her shirt.

"Are you crazy? That's a public lake for everyone in this neighborhood!" Carrie shouted, slapping his chest.

"It'll be fine, nobody goes down there at night it'll be dark. Promise." Mike assured her.

"If we get caught by someone and the front page of the news tomorrow says Carrie Underwood and husband caught skinny dipping, you won't live to read the rest of the article." Carrie tried to say seriously but ended up laughing.

"Have some fun Carrie, be adventurous." He mocked her.

"I hate you." She muttered sarcastically, slapping his chest again.

"I love you too" he said cheekily. "Come on, let's make sandwiches and take a picnic out there."

Carrie climbed off her husband and he followed her into the kitchen to make sandwiches.

"Let's go." Mike smiled, picking up the picnic basket and taking Carrie's hand.

The couple walked down their road to the small lake in their community. During the summer kids swam in it often but whenever Mike and Carrie went out there to have dinner they rarely saw anyone else.

"Let's swim." Mike smiled, standing up and putting his hand out to help Carrie up when they finished eating.

"I can't believe we're doing this." She swallowed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Live a little, it'll be fun." He pulled his shirt off to reveal his muscular frame.

"Don't make me take your clothes off for you." He laughed, stepping closer to her. He stood centimeters away from her body with his hands lightly caressing her hips and smirked. "Because I will."

He slid his hands up the side of her stomach and then up her arms as her shirt came off.

"Shall I continue?" Mike raised his eyebrow.

"No no, I think I need to do it myself." Carrie laughed. She pushed him away, knowing if he continued they'd end up having sex right then and there.

Carrie slid her shorts down and threw them into the pile of clothes.

"Still can't believe we're doing this." Carrie mumbled, stepping out of her underwear. "someone's going to end up seeing us."

"Well then we'll just have a good story to tell." Mike winked.

Once Carrie threw the last of her clothing into the pile, Mike swooped her up over his shoulder and started running.

"Mike!! Put me down!"  She screamed, beating on his back. She squealed as he ran to the end of the dock.

"Bombs away!" Mike screamed, jumping into the lake with Carrie still in his arms.

Flailing her arms, Carrie finally made it back up to the top after being so caught off guard.

"I hate you!" Carrie shouted, splashing him with water.

"I'm sorry, you're just so easy." Mike laughed.  "Let's go where we can touch."

The couple swam over closer to the shore so they didn't have to tread water.

"I still can't touch here." Carrie laughed, the tips of her toes barely brushing the bottom when she went almost all the way under.

"Shortie." Mike chuckled. He was comfortably standing in the shoulder deep water.

"Guess you'll just sink." He shrugged his shoulders, receiving an evil look from his wife.

"Kidding kidding, come here." Mike laughed, grabbing her hands. She wrapped her legs around his waist and Mike held her by her hips.

"Let's have a baby." Carrie stated abruptly, looping her arms around his neck and smiling.

"Do huh?" Mike wasn't expecting that at all and wasn't even sure he heard her right.

"A baby, I want to have a baby." Carrie cooed happily. "It's perfect timing. I just finished touring and if I get pregnant within the next couple months it'll be born around the end of hockey season."

"You've been thinking about this haven't you?"

Carrie nodded and laughed. "I just think it's the perfect time. I think I'm finally ready."

"Okay." Mike grinned. "I'm in."

Carrie smiled widely and closed the distance between them, kissing him passionately.

"Mm, let's start trying now." Mike smirked against her lips, his hands caressing her sides.

Pulling away, Carrie laughed sarcastically. "Ha ha, funny."

Mike frowned and bashed his puppy dog face.

"Not until we get home Mr." Carrie shook her finger in front of his face.
She gave him a pop kiss and took off out of his arms. "Race ya to the other side!"

"Carrie Marie!" Mike shouted, shooting after her as she swam as hard as she could to the other side.

"Slowpoke." Carrie grinned cheekily when Mike reached her two seconds after she'd reached the dock.

"Cheater!" Mike protested back, splashing his wife.

"I did not cheat!" Carrie squealed, splashing him back.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

The two fought back and forth like kids, splashing each other and laughing hysterically.

"Truce, truce!" Carrie squealed loudly, hiding her face in her hands and turning around. She was laughing so hard she could barely stay afloat.

Mike wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and pulled her against him. He kissed her neck and cheek repeatedly as she giggled.

"I love youuu."