Grammys

"Mike." Carrie said softly, stepping out from behind the corner. She let the train of her dress fan out behind her.

Mike's mouth almost dropped to the floor at the sight of his wife. She wanted her dress to be a surprise, she didn't show him any pictures when she picked it out and she made him turn around while she got dressed.

She had on a long tight white long sleeved dress with silver sequins and sparkles covering it. Her hair was held high with hairspray into a loose low updo with lots of volume. Large silver diamond earrings hung from her ears and she held a small black clutch in her hand. (See picture above)

"Wow." Mike stuttered to get any words out as his mouth remained agape. "Carrie you, wow. You look stunning."

Carrie blushed, looking down at the floor and messing with her hair like she always did when she was nervous.

"Are you sure? Is it too much?" Carrie asked nervously. She still struggled with self conscience.

"Honey, you look absolutely gorgeous." Mike stood up and walked over to his wife. He took her hands and looked her up and down. "I can't- I, wow. I'm speechless."

"Promise?" Carrie said softly, looking up into her husbands blue eyes. This was completely out of her comfort zone and like nothing she'd ever worn before. It was the first time she'd gone for a more sexy and mature look instead of a young, cute look.

"With all my heart. You look gorgeous." Mike kissed her softly.

"And might I add, sexy as hell, damn Carrie." He smirked against her lips, giving her butt a squeeze.

"Stop it." Carrie giggled, scrunching up her shoulders as he nuzzled his nose in the crevice of her neck. "That tickles."

"You're going to kick ass out there, you'll be the hottest one on the carpet."

Carrie blushed. "I'm so nervous."

"Don't be, you're going to kill it out there Carrie." Mike assured her. He knew she was nervous to perform in front of such a large crowd. Performing at a country award show was one thing, but the Grammys had viewers of every genre and were much more popular which always left her more nervous.

"I just don't want to mess up, millions of people are watching." Carrie swallowed hard.

"You're going to be great Carrie, just treat it like any other show."

Mike pulled Carrie in for a passionate kiss, but they were quickly interrupted by a knock on the dressing room door.

"Come in." Carrie laughed, pulling away from her husband.

"Guess what!" Mina said, entering the room excitedly.

"What?"

"You won a Grammy!" She screamed, throwing her hands up in the air.

Carrie gasped, her hands covering her mouth. "I won? Oh my gosh, oh my Gosh! Mike, I won!"

"Congrats baby!! You did it!!" Mike shouted, hugging his wife excitedly.

"I knew you could do it" he smiled, kissing her passionately. "I'm so proud of you"

"I can't believe I won" Carrie stood still in shock. She didn't think she had a chance at winning.

"Good job Carrie, you deserve it." Mina smiled, giving her a hug. "I'll leave y'all to it, you look stunning Carrie! Red carpet starts in twenty."

"Alright thank you." Carrie smiled at her assistant.

"You should probably get your suit on hot stuff, we need to get ready to head out there." Carrie said after Mina exited the room.

"Eh, I think I'll just go out in this." Mike chuckled, showing off his gym shorts and preds t-shirt.

"Hate you." Carrie narrowed her eyes at him and laughed.

"I love you too." He cooed, giving her a cheeky smile. He smacked her butt as he passed to go get changed.

"Remember, no PDA, please." Carrie reminded her husband as they walked hand in hand to the red carpet.

"Got it babe." He winked, kissing the side of cheek. "I'll save it all up for later tonight."

Carrie smacked his arm and rolled her eyes.

"Thank you for being here with me, it means a lot." Carrie leaned her head on his shoulder and squeezed his arm as they walked.

Mike kissed the top of her head and smiled. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

A/N
I have a new story out! It's called "A Place For Us" and I'd love it if you all go check it out! ☺️