Two Lines

Carrie paced back and forth in her bedroom, ranting to her best friend who sat on the bed watching her.

"Carrie calm down, you're making me dizzy." Ivey laughed, standing up and gripping the blondes shoulders to keep her from moving.

"Why are you so nervous?" She asked, looking Carrie dead in the eyes.

"I'm not ready, Mike and I aren't ready, I don't think he wants this yet. We wanted to wait a couple years. We aren't ready yet Ivey." Carrie fretted, worried tears in her eyes.

"Carrie slow down, take a deep breath. You don't even know you're pregnant yet okay? And if you are, it'll be okay. You can do this, you're ready. I know you are. I've seen the way you are with kids, I know for a fact that you're going to be a great mother, whether it's in nine months or two years. You got this." Ivey reassured her best friend.

"Thank you" Carrie whispered, letting a small smile appear on her face.

"Let's go see the results." Ivey smiled, taking her hands off Carrie's shoulders and pushing her gently towards the bathroom.

"Will you look? I don't think I can do it." Carrie said, breathing heavily as they reached the bathroom.

Ivey nodded, picking the two pregnancy tests up in her hand. She smiled, looking up at her best friend.

"Two lines."

Carrie wasn't sure how to respond, she stared blankly at the woman in front of her.

"I'm pregnant." She said blankly, her facial expression completely unreadable for Ivey to figure out.

"I'm pregnant." Carrie repeated, a smile appearing on her face.

Tears suddenly filled her eyes as she realized there was a baby growing inside her.

"Ivey, I'm going to be a mom."

Suddenly, the happiness exploded out of her and she busted into tears, her hand covering her mouth.

"I'm going to be a mom." She sobbed, falling into Ivey's arms in a tight hug. The emotions were overwhelming. She hadn't realized how much she wanted it until it was there, and now she couldn't even wrap her head around it.

The two stood hugging in the bedroom, neither of them hearing Mike enter the house and walk up the stairs.

"What's going on?" Mike walked into the bedroom to see his wife crying into her best friends arms. He was clueless, and immediately thought something was wrong.

"I'll leave you two be, I'll talk to you later Care." Ivey said, smiling at her best friend as she pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you." Carrie smiled in return, letting go of Ivey's hands and turning towards her husband.

"We're going to be parents Mike." She whispered through shaky breaths, tears still in her eyes and running down her cheeks as she looked at her husband.

Mike stood looking at his wife, unable to process what she'd just said. Does that mean what he thinks it means?

"We're going to be parents." She repeated, taking a step towards her husband.

It clicked in Mike's mind at the exact moment Carrie couldn't contain her excitement any longer and ran into his arms.

Carrie jumped into Mike's arms, wrapping her legs around his waist as he spun her around in a circle.

"I can't believe this." Mike beamed, looking into his wife's hazel eyes with the biggest smile on his face.

"I love you so much." Carrie pressed his cheeks together with her hands, planting a big sloppy kiss on his lips.

She pulled away, her hands remaining on his face.

With tears in her eyes, she smiled at her husband widely.

"We're going to have a baby."