Double Trouble

"Hey! Sorry I'm late, there was a bad wreck on the highway."

"I got stuck in that too! The wreck looked terrible, I hope everyone is alright." Carrie said as her best friend sat down across from her.

"Yeah me too, I was worried it was you at first because they had the same car as you but when I got closer I saw the different stickers."

"Oh geez." Carrie laughed. She took a sip of water and smiled. "So how are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"I know! It's been like two weeks! I'm great, I actually have some news." Ivey beamed.

"So do I! You go first."

Ivey smiled nervously. "I'm pregnant."

Carrie's mouth dropped. "No way."

"What?" Ivey asked, confused at her reaction. It wasn't what she was expecting.

"I'm pregnant too." Carrie said, completely in shock.

"Are you serious?" Ivey gasped. Carrie nodded in response, a huge smile on both their faces.

"Oh my goodness!" They both jumped up and hugged each other. "I can't believe this!"

"How far along are you?" Carrie asked, the two sitting back down at the table.

"2 months, but I just found out a little over a week ago. I wanted to tell you as soon as I found out but you were away and I wanted to tell you in person. How far along are you?"

"Oh my gosh I'm two months too." Carrie laughed. "Did we make these babies on the same night do we have that strong of telepathy?"

"Oh my gosh." Ivey chuckled. "This is crazy!" 

"Have you told Mike yet?"

"Not yet, I was waiting until I told you so you could help me come up with an idea on a cute way to tell him." Carrie said, taking a sip of water.

"Ah yay! I love that kind of stuff! I was going to do something cute to tell Mark but he found the stupid pregnancy test in the trash can." Ivey rolled her eyes.

"Of course he did." Carrie laughed sarcastically. "Is he happy? I didn't even know you guys were trying!"

"We weren't 'trying' but we weren't not trying anymore. I stopped birth control and we left it in God's hands. I didn't expect it to happen this quickly, but yes, we're happy." Ivey smiled.

"Gotcha. We were trying but, you already knew that." Carrie laughed.

"I can't believe we're going to have babies at the same time. This is crazy."

"It's going to be so exciting! We're going to get to experience it all together and our kids are going to be best friends." Carrie said excitedly.

"It's going to be so great." Ivey smiled. "Have you been nauseous? I've literally been nauseous for three weeks straight."

"I haven't." Carrie hesitantly laughed. "I haven't had any symptoms yet."

"Oh my god I hate you." Ivey narrowed her eyes at Carrie and laughed.

"Sorry." She chuckled. She felt bad that Ivey was having so many bad symptoms already and she hadn't had any. "I'm sure karma will come back and give me even worse symptoms later."

"What if we went into labor on the same day?? That would be insane."

"No I need you in the delivery room with me!" Carrie laughed. "We can't both be screaming in pain, one of us to be the calm one."

"Oh right." Ivey giggled. "We have to both be there for each other no matter what. Promise?"

"Yes 100 percent promise. Hopefully they'll be a good gap between the births."

"This is so crazy." Ivey took a bite of salad, shaking her head in shock. "I can't get over it."

"I know!" Carrie exclaimed. "Like seriously what are the chances that we get pregnant at literally the exact same time, it's insane."

"I was afraid you were going to be mad if I got pregnant without even trying after you've been trying for so long. What a relief."

"Awe Ivey you know I could never be mad at you for something like that! I would be just as happy for you no matter what." Carrie said seriously, putting her hand on top of Ivey's across the table.

"I know, thank you. I'm so happy for you too." Ivey smiled. She squeezed Carrie's hand. "I can't wait to experience this with you."

Carrie smiled back, the two both getting emotional now. Carrie wiped a tear that had managed to break through her tear ducts.

"I can't believe we're going to be moms."