Just In Time

"Carrie? What's wrong why are you calling at 3 in the morning?"

"Mike." Carrie choked on her tears. "My water broke."

She curled over in pain, her body tightening as a contraction shot through her body.

"Oh my god." Mike gasped, not expecting the words that came from his wife's mouth.

"Okay, calm down. It's okay." He snapped out of it and kicked into husband mode quickly. "Don't freak out, just stay calm. It's okay. Did you call Ivey?"

"Not yet." Carrie breathed heavily. "I didn't know what to do but call you."

"Okay. Hang up the phone and call Ivey to take you to the hospital, can you do that?" Mike spoke calmly in hopes of keeping Carrie calm.

"O-okay." She stuttered, trying not to let her tears fall.

"I love you, call me when you get to the hospital okay?"

"I love you too." Carrie muttered. She heard the line go dead and pulled the phone away from her ear to see that he'd hung up. She wiped the tears off her face and dialed her best friend.

It rang four times before Ivey finally answered.

"Hello?" She said groggily, still half asleep.

"Ivey my water broke and Mike's in New York I need you to take me to the hospital." She breathed deeply.

"Oh my, I'm on my way. Hang in there Carrie. I'll be there in 10." Ivey said quickly, hanging up the phone. She immediately woke Mark to tell him, threw a sweatshirt on, and headed to her best friend's house.

She used the hidden key to enter Carrie's house and ran upstairs to her bedroom.

"Ivey it hurts." Carrie cried, holding her stomach as tears filled her eyes.

"I know, come on. Let's get you to the hospital." She helped Carrie stand up and make it downstairs and into the car. 

Stopping in the middle of the driveway,
Carrie curled over and let out a scream as a contraction shot through her body.

"Shh, just try and breathe. You're okay, you're okay." Ivey rubbed Carrie's back as she rode out the contraction.

"I don't think I can do this Ivey." She cried. "I need Mike." 

"Yes you can Carrie. You can do this, I know you can. Mike's probably already getting on a plane he's going to be here as soon as he can. I'm right here and I'm going to be here holding your hand through it all." Ivey assured her. She helped her take the last couple steps to the car.

Within thirty minutes, Carrie was in a hospital bed with an IV in as she waited for the OB.

"Can I have my phone? I need to call Mike back." Carrie said weakly.

Ivey nodded, pulling her phone from her purse. Carrie dialed Mike's number, who picked up after just one ring.

"Are you at the hospital?"