Make A Wish

Mike" Carrie whispered, turning to face her husband who laid beside her. "Are you awake?"

Mike grunted, opening his eyes and rubbing them awake.

"I am now." He groaned, turning to face her. "What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep." She giggled. Their faces were now only inches apart.

"Of course you can't." Mike chuckled. Tomorrow was the opening night for the Storyteller Tour in Nashville and Carrie was a nervous wreck hoping everything was perfect.

"How about we go for a drive?" Mike suggested, knowing how much she loved late night drives in the country.

Carrie smiled widely like a kid in a candy shop.

"Come on goober, let's go." He chuckled sitting up and climbing out of bed.

Carrie grabbed her husband's hand and followed him down the stairs.

"Do you wanna take any food?" Mike asked, stopping at the kitchen to grab two bottles of water.

"Hmmm" she opened the cabinets and scanned through the shelves. She grabbed the bag of veggie chips and smiled. "Let's go."

The clock read 12:46 as Mike pulled out of the driveway.

Carrie flipped through radio stations until finding a country station playing one of her current favorite songs, My Church, by Maren Morris.

"Can I get a hallelujah, can I get an amen, feels like the Holy Ghost running through ya, when I play the highway fm" Carrie screamed, laughing as she sang.

Mike watched her out of the corner of his eye and smiled. "You're so adorable."

"I can't help it, I love this song!" She exclaimed, continuing to dance and sing.

"Oh I know you do." Mike chuckled. "You dance to it every morning when you get ready."

Carrie just giggled in response.

Mike pulled over to the side of the road into a field so the two could enjoy themselves and talk without focusing on the road.

"I love doing this." Carrie unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned against the window, resting her feet against the middle console. She opened the bag of chips and offered some to Mike.

He also unbuckled and leaned against his side, sitting cris crossed.

"Me too, except when it's 12:30 at night and I'm sound asleep." He chuckled.

"Shut up, you know you like it." She threw a chip at him and laughed.

"Oh! Another one of my favorites!" She squealed, turning the radio up to Vacation by Thomas Rhett. She sat dancing and singing in her seat as she ate chips and laughed. A smile was plastered from ear to ear on her face.

Mike couldn't help but smile at his wife. She was so adorable and her happiness was contagious. The simplest things made her happy and he didn't know what he ever did to deserve someone so perfect.

"Quit staring at me!" Carrie giggled, covering her face up in a cute way.

"I can't help it, you're too cute." He gushed.

She just blushed and giggled in response, unsure of what to reply.

"The stars are so beautiful out here." Carrie looked up through the sunroof, mesmerized by the thousands of glowing stars above them.

"Not as beautiful as you." Mike replied wittily.

"Why are you being so mushy? You're never mushy."

Mike shrugged his shoulders in response and smiled.

"Look! Mike! A shooting star!" Carrie gasped, sitting up from against the window. She repeatedly slapped Mike's leg in excitement.

"We have to make a wish!" She gripped his arm and squealed.

"What, are we five years old now?" Mike laughed at his wife.

"Shut up!" She smacked his arm again.

"Make a wish with me, pleaseeeeeee?" She pouted, giving him her famous puppy dog face.

"Alright alright." He sighed. He'd do anything to make her happy.

Carrie shut her eyes and held Mike's hands in hers. "I wish that everything goes well tomorrow night, that the tour is successful and fun and people love it as much as I do."

Mike glanced at his wife and smiled. "I wish that this moment would never end. That we can be this happy for the rest of our lives together. That we can grow old together and have a big family full of love. That this could last forever."

Carrie rested her head on her husband's shoulder and smiled. "I love you so much."

Mike kissed the top of her head and squeezed her hands. "I love you even more."