Forever Home

A/N
I just posted the first chapter of my new story, This Is It! Go check it out! 😊

"This is so exciting Mike!" Carrie squealed, gripping her husbands arm as they walked up to the house.

"I know." He smiled. "I can't believe it's finally happening."

After 9 years of marriage, Carrie and Mike's dream home was finally finished. They'd been building it for a year and tonight was the first night they were able to spend the night in it.

Isaiah and Madison went running inside while Carrie and Mike both just stood taking in the scene.

Their three story white wooden house sat on 10 acres of land, all of which was luscious green grass. A big pool with a slide and a hot tub was off to the left side in the back. There was an old run down barn where they planned to keep their horses and other animals. A huge old Oak tree stood tall to the right of the house and flowers covered the front. There was a porch swing and two rocking chairs on the front porch. On the backs, there were six rocking chairs, a hammock, and a outside table with chairs. It was exactly what they wanted.

"Come on!" Isaiah appeared back at the door, motioning to his parents.

Carrie rested her hand on her five month pregnant stomach and sighed with a smile. "Let's go."

Mike took Carrie's hand in his as they walked up the driveway to their new home. He leaned over and kissed the side of her head and squeezed her hand.

"What do you guys think? Do you like it?" Carrie said, bending down and picking her two year old daughter up.

"It's huge!" Isaiah shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Huge!" Madison mimicked her brothers hand motions, making Carrie and Mike laugh.

"Do you want to go see your rooms?" Carrie asked wide eyed because she knew how excited they'd be.

Isaiah took off towards the stairs.

"Wait at the top of the stairs!" Mike shouted. They made their way up the stairs to where Isaiah was patiently waiting for them.

"Third door on your right." Carrie told him. He raced off and into his room which Carrie and Mike had spent all day yesterday setting up.

"WHOA" he screamed, jumping up and down. "I LOVE IT!"

He flopped down on his race car bed happy as can be.

"You wanna see yours pumpkin?" Carrie asked, tickling Madison.

"Yes!" She squealed, laughing and fighting Carrie off.

Carrie carried her into her room across the hall which was pink and princess themed.

"Pwincess!" She screamed, clapping her hands together. Carrie set her down and she ran over to her twin bed that had a canopy over it.

"I think the kids are happy." Mike smiled, putting his hands on Carrie's shoulders and lightly squeezing them.

"Mm, I love you." Carrie put her hands on top of Mike's on her shoulder and turned her head around to kiss him. "I'm so glad we finally did this."

"Come on kids, let's eat!" Carrie shouted. Both came running from their room and down the stairs. Mike grabbed the pizza's they'd brought off the counter. They fixed everyone's plate and sat down at the table.

Boxes were everywhere and a lot of furniture was still missing. There was still so many things that needed to be done before it was complete.

"Can we get in the pool tonight?" Isaiah asked, taking a huge sloppy bite of pizza.

"I don't know about tonight bud, it's already late. Tomorrow after we get everything settled you can for sure." Mike answered before Carrie could.

Isaiah frowned.

"You'll have all summer to swim" Carrie laughed.

After dinner, Carrie and Mike tucked their children into their new beds and then went to theirs.

"I already love this house so much. I can't believe it's finally finished." Carrie snuggled up against her husband under the blanket.

"Thank you." She looked up and smiled.

"You're welcome Princess." Mike kissed her forehead.

Carrie rolled over on top of Mike, her face inches from his.

"I think we need to break in the new house." She smirked.

"Mm, most definitely." Mike used his strength to flip them over so he was hovering on top of her, making Carrie squeal.

"Shh, the kids are upstairs." Mike said, sliding his hand into her silk pajama bottoms.

Carrie bit her lip to stop herself from moaning and let Mike caress her body.

The couple spent the rest of the night twisting and turning in the sheets, breaking in their new house.

Their forever home.