Backseat

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

"Care, we're going to be fine. I've had three kids before, remember? I think I can handle him for a few hours." Carole chuckled, pushing her daughter towards the door.

"Don't hesitate to call if you need anything, and I mean anything. We won't be gone long."

"Stay out as late as you want. We'll be fine. Go have fun." Carole kissed the blonde's head.

Carrie and Mike both kissed their two month old son goodbye once more before finally leaving. Carrie's parents were watching him for the night so the couple could go out on a date for the first time since he'd been born.

"Don't worry babe, your mom can handle him." Mike placed his hand on the small of her back and led her out to the car.

"I know." She frowned. "This is just the first time we've both been away from him for a long time."

"It's just a couple hours Carrie." Mike laughed, opening the car door for her.

"Don't worry yourself so much. Tonight is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. It's supposed to be about us." Mike assured her as he slid into the drivers seat of the car.

Carrie quietly danced in her seat to the music coming through the radio, her hand in Mike's across the console as he drove to dinner.

"Reservation for Fisher." Mike approached the hostess stand, still holding his wife's hand. He was lightly rubbing his thumb back and forth on the top of her hand, leaving goosebumps.

"Right this way." The young brunette smiled, taking two menus and leading them through the restaurant. She stopped at a table near the back, giving them as much privacy as possible. "Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Do you want to get a bottle?" Mike looked at the wine menu and then up at his wife.

"I should probably only have one glass, I'll have to feed Isaiah when we get home."

"We'll each get a glass of Pinot Nior please." Mike told her, setting the menu down. "And water."

"I'll be back with that shortly." She smiled and turned away. She came back quickly with their wine and took their orders.

"Wow, this is nice." Carrie leaned back in her chair, taking a sip of wine. "I forgot what it was like to not have a child attached to me." 

Mike chuckled. "I told you this would be good for us."

"It's hard to believe it's already been two months. Sometimes it seems like we were just at the hospital."

"And sometimes it seems like it's been years." Mike laughed. "But I know, time really has flown."

For almost two hours, the couple sat talking and laughing. They hadn't had hardly any time to themselves since Isaiah had arrived.

"This was very much needed." Carrie smiled as Mike paid the bill.

"Agreed. It's crazy how for four years it was just the two of us and now we haven't hardly had a second to ourselves." Mike sat the bill on the edge of the table.