Chapter Three

The Perfect Hell

Chapter Three

Felicia's POV

For the next few days, my brothers and their families were around much more. They were helping me get packed and set for my trip to Toronto, while also allowing Danci to get used to their presence in the absence of mine. It was a true bonding moment for us siblings and little Danci.

My brothers still wondered why I was so strange that one day by being giddy and gay by their words exact.

I was simply happy that I could find love... again.

Even if I didn't know who I was loving at the moment.

Strange right? 

But why again? Well..

Later that week, I was in my room packing away the last of my belongings when I came across an old black shoe box.

I knew what this box was about and I had hid it away for many years after the incident. It was stuff back when Nickolas and I dated.

It's been 3 years since then. A very long time I haven't seen this box. I held it in my hands wondering if I should reopen the box or lock it away in my closet with the rest of the stuff I wouldn't bring with me.

I decided to open it.

I lifted the cover to reveal the items that were lightly covered in dust. A couple necklaces, a bracelet, a small camera that I knew still had photos of Nickolas and I in, a couple letters, a couple photos we've developed and a small jewelry box.

I picked up the small jewelry box and smiled sadly as I flipped open the cover.

It was a ring.

No, not an engagement ring.

It was a promise ring.

It was a silver ring make out of infinities with diamonds encrusted into it. It was covered slightly with rust from usage back in the day and being left in dust in the most recent years.

We were 14 years old when we dated. Both our parents were fine with each other and we were both happy with one another. However, his parents said they had to move. There was no option to staying. They also never told my family why they were moving away. Nickolas had given me this ring as a promise that he will return and come back for me one day and that I will remain his forever.

I wore it everyday after he left. We wrote letters back and forth.

Then I got a letter saying he can visit me the following day. I waited for his arrival eager.

But then, I got a phone call.

A scream pierced the air through the phone signal. I had dropped the phone. It was not just any scream, it was Nickolas's.

Over the phone, I could hear his plea for forgiveness and him begging to live.

I had screamed for Nickolas to answer me.

There was shuffling and then silence.

I waited.

"Felicia," he whispered. He gave me an address and said come alone, he wanted to meet me there.

Without thinking, I went.

I went without telling my brothers, my family, his family or even the police. I kept him on the phone as I ran to the address.

It was a park.

At this time now, it was late evening. The sun was about to set and the darkness would envelop the world sending everyone to sleep. The wind howled violently and sent shivers through the light clothing I was wearing.