Nine

Hey you beatiful people! I wanted to update to say Merry Christmas, Hapy Holidays. There's only two hours left of Christmas where I'm from at the moment and it's over for most people, but yeah. Thank you for comments and votes. Its the best thing ever! Please continuing doing both! I love you all! Sorry its a bit short....

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I stayed at Niall's until about 9pm. I changed back into my clothes and returned his.

His dad came home and said I should probably head home before it was too late. Niall argued that it wasn't even a school night, but lost the fight. I didn't want him to get mad at his dad, so I just pulled on him to leave.

"We can just hang out at your place." he said getting in the car.

"No we can't!" I said a bit louder than I had anticipated.

"Woah why?" He turned to me.

"I told my mom I'd help her out at the hospital. They are lacking helpful hands. I should probably go there. We'll see each other on Sunday at work." I told him.

Good quick thinking, Opal.

"Oh, okay." He started the car and he looked sad. "I wish my dad wasn't such a jerk. He must have had a stressful case today."

"Don't blame him, Niall. Is he a lawyer?"

"Judge."

I nodded. "That's cool."

Honesty I was much of a fan of the law system. I might have a home if it weren't for those people.

Niall pulled up to the hospital. I was getting out when he called my name. I ducked my head back into his car.

"I don't get a kiss bye or anything?" He laughed.

"Sorry." I pecked his lips. "I'm new to this."

"It's okay." He kissed me again but harder. "I'll text you or something." He yelled out as I jogged up to the sliding doors.

He drove away I went up the elevator to where my mother worked. I found her filling something out behind the desk.

"Hi, mom." I said as she looked up.

She smiled, "Hi honey. How was your day with Niall?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I grinned.

"He did?" She stood up and I nodded. "That's great!" She hugged me over the counter. "Is it such a good idea though? You're kind of in a bad spot now."

"I know, mom, but I need someone here for me. And don't say you because you're always working." I picked at a sticker that was on the counter. "I really like him and he makes me laugh and smile." I looked her in the eyes. "I haven't done either of those since grandma passed away."

My mom walked around and stood next to me. "I'm sorry everything is so shitty all time. We’ll get it together. I'm sure we will." She hugged me.

A few other nurses and doctors walked passed us but just kept walking. I'm sure they see sad people all day. They have to ignore things like that. They've got to be strong.

"Do we have a room at the shelter yet?" I asked. "I just want to get some sleep."

"Yes room 52. There are signs." I nodded hugging her once more.

I took the elevator back down, finding my way to the shelter. I walked by a few people and they looked at me like I didn't belong there but little did they know, this isn't my first time at a shelter.

I found our room and opened the door. It had two beds and a dresser. I guess I couldn't really be picky. Living out of a suitcase had become sort of a skill for me. I was lucky enough to even have clothes other than the ones in my back.

I laid in bed and felt a spring going into my back. I pulled the sheet and my quilt over me. I wish I wasn't here. I wish I was gone instead. Dying would be easier.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I'M GOING TO WATCH THIS IS US FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER SO IM GOING TO BALL MY FUCKING EYES OUT IN MY ROOM! PRAY FOR ME!!!

ALSO VOTE AND COMMENT AND SHARE. SHARE THE SHIT OUT OF IT! lol

-Em xx