Sixteen

Sorry for being a twat and not updating yesterday! I'm updating now and then i'll do another update tonight.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It's been two weeks. My mom and I moved in. We really did. I can't believe it. She was grateful about the offer. When Niall's mom said it would be best for me, my mom was sold on the idea as long as she was able to pitch in with food and such.

We didn't have to pay rent which was a weight off both of our shoulders. There's a separate entrance to the basement guest suite at the side of the house and my mom was thrilled since she worked odd hours. We had all the furniture that was already there as well. It was like staying at a hotel.

Sure it felt strange living in someone else's house but we needed the help whether my mom or I wanted to admit it.

I start school tomorrow. I'm freaking out and Niall knows it. All day at work I was on edge. During break Niall tried to tell me everything would be okay but the more I thought about how school used to be the more scared I became.

"Just forget about what used to be, Opal.” He said to me as we got home.

His mom was resting and my mom was already at work. Niall and I went into the kitchen to get something to eat before bed.

"It was a traumatic thing for me, Niall." I bowed my head, poking at the piece of chicken in front of me with a fork.

"What are you afraid of?"

"That everyone will hate me and hurt me. I'm afraid of not catching up in classes and finding my way around. I don't want to be some weird new girl." I said but Niall laughed.

"Just be yourself. My friends love you! You'll have them around and you'll have me, because I love you the most." I picked my head up and he smiled at me from across the table.

"I love you too."

We both got up and rinsed our plates before putting them in the dish washer.

"I guess I should try to get some sleep." I sighed wrapping my arms around Niall.

"Yeah, you should." He kissed my forehead. "Everything will be okay. We'll even get there early so I can show you around and we can get your schedule and get you a locker."

I nodded. "Thank you." I squeezed him. "Goodnight. See you in the morning." I pecked his lips and made my way downstairs.

Our moms had set some ground rules that Niall and I had to sleep in our own rooms and behave responsibly. I do wish I could sleep with Niall. And by sleep I actually mean sleep. I like having him hug me in my slumber.

Sadly though I have to go to my own bed and sleep by myself. After I showered, I threw on one of Niall's t-shirts and my pajama shorts. I braided my hair and washed my face. I was about to get in bed when I heard someone coming down the stairs. I exited my room and looked around the corner to see Niall walking towards me.

"My mom went to work. Late shift." He smiled.

"Why aren't you going to bed?" I asked as he took my hand.

"I can't sleep knowing you're nervous." He took me to the couch and sat me on his lap. "You smell so good." His eyes shut and he hugged me to his chest. "If we can't sleep in each other's rooms, we can sleep on the couch." He smirked.

"I can't sleep because I'm too nervous." I looked at him and he shrugged.

"Can't hurt to try."

His whole body shifted so he was laying on his back. I laid on top of him, using his chest as a pillow. My body leaned slightly to the side to get most of my weight off of him. He scratched my back up and down, a small smile played on his lips. I shut my eyes and allowed my breathing to steady.

I wasn't thinking about school. I was thinking about how amazing Niall is. To think I could have just brushed him off when we first met like I did with everyone else. There was just something about him that made me want to talk to him. Something that pulled me in and kept me hooked.

I woke up in my own bed to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and rolled out of bed. Literally. I pulled myself off the floor and dragged my feet to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took my hair out of its braid. My hair was left in waves. I went back to my room and changed into my usual baggy sweater and ripped jeans. It was now that I wish I had something nicer and fit with the still summer season.

I kissed my mom’s forehead before going upstairs to the kitchen. I found Niall eating a bowl of cereal in his khaki shorts and a baseball tee. I kissed his cheek and grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and poured myself some cereal.

"Where'd you go last night?" I asked.

Niall finished chewing. "I just wanted to make sure you could fall asleep so once you did I put you in bed and then went back to mine. Good thing I did because you're mom came home soon after that." He chuckled. "She would have had my head."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "No she wouldn't." He shrugged. "Thank you though."

"No problem. Are you still nervous?" He put his bowl in the sink.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up so I would say yes." I pushed my bowl away unable to finish.

Niall picked it up and threw out the soggy cereal and put the bowl in the sink along with his. "We should get going so we can get you settled."

I got off the stool and grabbed my backpack from the floor. Niall picked his up after he grabbed his keys from the bowl and walked out the front door. We got into his car and I put my hand over his before he could start the car.

"I'm not ready."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

UPDATING AGAIN TONIGHT :) it's 2pm in Chicago now so I'll updat maybe around 8ish Google the time zones if you must :)

SO, I’m going to try to update everyday since I finished writing this fic and everything is all ready to be edited. If I forget, message me and I will if I’m not busy! :)

Remember to send feedback!

-Em xx