Two

Edit on the side is mine and it's shitty I know. I picture Opal as Kaya Scodelario, so make edits and I'll add them to the side of the chapters! :) PLEASE 

Also the song on the side is just so amazing. kay. bye.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

A boy around my age stood at the register with his hands in his pockets. He swayed back and forth, waiting for me to walk up to him.

“Sorry Opal.” Tom the cashier called to me.

I walked up to the two as the boy turned.

“It’s okay Tom. What did you need?” I asked.

“I know you’re usually at the info and are working paint, but this young man needs help with a few thing anf you’re the best person for that help.” I knitted my eyebrows.

“O-kay.” I said, spinning on my heals. “Follow me please.” I said to the boy.

He followed me to the information desk and I walked behind it.

“What do you need?” I asked, trying to not be so cold.

“Do you have any job applications?” he looked sort of nervous.

“First job hunt?” I asked sifting through papers.

He nodded as I looked up. “Yeah, I need something to make my college applications look better. I’m going for a good school and I need all I can get, so I’m guaranteed acceptance.” He explained.

“I see.” I nodded. “Here you go.” I said, handing the sheet of paper.

“Can I fill this out here?” he asked, patting at his pockets.

“Sure, but I have to be over in the paint department.” I pointed.

“I’ll go with you. I have to pick out samples for my mom anyway. She’s redoing our entire house. Again.” He chuckled.

I didn’t see the humor, so I faked a smile. “Sure.”

He followed me and I sat back where I was before. I let him take the other stool, next to me. I gave him a pen and he started to fill out the application.

“Niall hmm? Never heard that name before.” I said, taking a peek at the paper.

“I’ve never heard of Opal either.” He smiled up at me. “It’s beautiful.”

I actually smiled back. Not just a false one to put on a show, an actual smile. One that made my cheeks tighten and my ears move slightly. He remembered my name. Come to think of it he’s the first person I spent this much time with since I was little. I darted my eyes away from him because I was now kind of nervous and embarrassed. Both feelings I haven’t had in a while.

I tucked some hair behind my ear and mumbled, “Thanks.”

He went back to the application and I pulled out my phone. My mom had texted me.

*I didn’t pay the water bill this month yet, so no warm showers until I do. I’m so sorry hun. It’s been a rough month. I’ll get it paid by Thursday. I have to go to work tonight. I love you.*

I sighed and put my phone of the counter.

“That’s an old phone.” He said, pointing to my very out of dated, sliding Chocolate cell.

“I know. I like it, it has an mp3 and I can text my mom. That’s all I really need it for.” I shrugged.

“What about friends, or facebook, or twitter? Stuff like that?”