Thirty-Seven

Niall and I woke up early to finishing packing up his car. We had started last night but I got tired and needed to take a break. We ended up falling asleep watching a movie on my laptop.

I had a long sad goodbye with my mom. She made sure she was home to say goodbye. She told us to drive safe and we were off to New York.

"Are you nervous?" Niall asked once we hit the highway.

"As hell." I said, lacing my fingers with his hand that was between us. "Thank you for making this drive. Are you sure you'll be fine driving back alone?"

"It's too late now." He chuckled. "Plus it's more time I can spend with you."

"True." I smiled. "Last night was fun."

Sara had set up a surprise going away party for me with just our friends. It was fun and sweet, but also very sad because I knew it would be the last time we would be all together. Who knew if college would take away some of them. I knew that Sara and Vera and I were going to always be there for each other no matter what. We've been inseparable since Vera and Harry started going out.

"It was fun. They're all going to miss you." He squeezed my hand.

"I can't believe I'll be so far away. I've never been this far from my mom. I'm scared no one will like me."

"People will love you; you just have to find the right people." Niall lifted my hand and lightly kissed the back of it. "We've got a long drive and plenty of time to shake the nerves off."

We drove about three fourths of the way there and we decided to stop to eat instead of going through a drive thru. Niall decided on Olive Garden.

"I'm starving." He groaned, parking the car.

"Me too, babe."

"Let's make this a date, our last one." He smiled getting out of the car and coming around to my side, opening my door.

"Not our last forever." I gasped.

"No no just our last until I see you again." He snaked his arm around my waist as we walked into the restaurant. "For two." He told the hostess.

We were seated shortly after and decided on what we wanted quickly.

"I think we should find a motel or something, it's getting late." Niall suggested as we got our drinks and breadsticks.

"You just want to have another night with me." I pointed a breadstick at him before taking a bite.

"No... Yeah." He laughed.

We ate our pastas and packed up the leftovers. Niall paid the bill and we called his mom to tell her what we were doing. She said she would rather us not drive this late and there was a storm coming. We found a motel just as it started to pour. Niall ran in to get a room and came back to the car. He drove around the building to the side and parked by our room.

"Let's make a run for it." He turned off the car and both of us ran through the rain to the door.

"Open it." I squealed, getting drenched.

Niall opened the door and I ran inside. I flipped on a light and shivered. Niall locked the door and put all the contents of his pockets on the small table in the corner.

"Take your clothes off." He said, taking off his shirt.

"W-what?"

"Take your clothes off so you don't get sick. I'll hang them up in the bathroom." He unbuttoned his shorts.

I huffed and removed my shoes. "What about other clothes?"

"It's pouring! We'll be fine without them." He winked. "I'll get your clothes in the morning."