Six

Sorry if I came off rude in the previous author's note. I just need to know people are reading adn likeing this story. I don't want to do all this again. While posting my first Niall fic I would get one or two comments very rarely and I didn't get comments until the last chapter and I liked that people liked the story and on this one I want to know that stuff while you're reading. I want to know what you REALLY think. Don't just tell me you love it. Maybe tell me something you liked in the chapter or something like that. i think you know what I mean. Thank you for the few of you that commented. It really truly turns my day around and I love when I get that "new comment" email to my phone. :)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I stood against the bricks of the store wall outside. I was waiting for Niall, but a part of me believed he’d never come and that part of me was winning the battle in my head. I pushed myself off the wall and started walking towards the bus stop. A car drove up into the parking lot and stopped in front of me.

“I told you I was taking you home.” Niall said, getting out of his car.

“I didn’t think you were serious.” I kicked a rock and watched it hit the tire of someone else’s car.

He took my bag from me and then grabbed my hand. “I was completely serious, babe.”

I’m sure this was something I would gush about with a friend, telling them about the cute boy at work and how he called me, babe. I wish I had someone to tell that to. Someone who could be giddy with me. That’s what I was feeling, I was feeling giddy.

Niall opened the passenger door for me and let me sit down. I buckled up as Niall came around to the other side, getting in.

“Did you really think I wouldn’t pick you up?” he asked, starting the car.

“Yeah.” I looked out the window.

“You shouldn’t think that. You can trust me.” His hand held on to mine. “I’m not a bad guy.”

Little did he know that for me everyone is a bad guy. I haven’t trusted anyone, ever.

“I know.” I lied.

Honestly, I had no idea if I could trust him or not, but again, I’m just going to let things happen.

He lifted my hand to his lips and pecked my knuckles. “You’re very beautiful.” He glanced at me, then back at the road.

I blushed. “Thanks.”

We pulled up in front of my building and I got out.

“Hey!” Niall opened his door and jogged over to me. “I’ll see you Friday, right?”

“Yeah. Have fun at work tomorrow.” I joked.

He leaned against his car. “I won’t without you.” he reached for my hands.

“I should go inside and finish my school work.” I tried to pull away.

“Just a few minutes, please. I won’t see you tomorrow.” He pouted, pulling me into a hug.

I winced, still sore from getting kicked the other day. He stuck me out at arm’s length.

“Are you okay?” I just nodded. “Did I hurt you? I barely squeezed.”

“I’m just a bit sore. I’m fine.” I stepped away.

“What happened?”

My arms crossed over my chest. “Nothing.”

“Opal. Don’t lie to me.” he reached out and grabbed the bottom of my shirt.

The door of the apartment building opened and both of our heads snapped in that direction. It was my mom.