Forty-Three

(edit on side was made by me)

I woke up with Niall's head on my chest and one of his legs draped over mine. I giggled to myself and tried not to move too much in fear I'd wake him. I knew he was leaving for the airport in a couple hours and I didn't want to lose this closeness. I shut my eyes again, bringing one of my hands up to run my fingers through the hair on the back of his head. The silky softness felt nice in the slots between my fingers. I kissed his forehead and whispered an "I love you" before falling asleep again.

I was nervous for him to leave. I didn't fully trust him yet and I wasn't sure I ever would. I pray that isn't the case otherwise I'm not sure how long we will last.

Before the whole mess I believed that we would get married. I thought he would be the father of my kids. I knew it wasn't something I wanted any time soon. I just picture my future with him. I saw myself living the rest of my life with him. Y'know growing old and sitting on the front porch watching the neighbor kids, reminiscing about how it was when we were young. I wanted that and I wanted that with Niall. I knew a life with Niall. wouldn't be a bad one at all.

***

"FUCK!"

I sprung from my laying position to find Niall rushing around, trying to pull his clothes on.

"What's wrong?"

"My plane leaves in ten minutes! I forgot to set an alarm!" He panicked.

"Ni, calm down! There is no way you can get to the airport in ten minutes! No way!" I pulled on his hand. "Just change your flight."

He nodded and sat next to where I was I kneeling on the mattress. I rubbed his shoulders and watched as he looked up flights on his phone.

"The only flight out of here that I can switch to is tomorrow evening." He sighed.

Inside I was giddy. I was excited to have him stay longer, but I was a bit offended he was so upset.

"I'm going to have to email my professor for the class I have tomorrow and tell him I won't be there." He shrugged, beginning to email the teacher.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, sitting back.

"Don't be." He smiled up at me before looking back at his phone. "It's my fault."

"Do you not want to spend more time with me?" I bit my lip not wanting to see his reaction.

He sighed and finished the email, pressing send. "I'm just mad I'm missing a class. I get points off for it." He looked at me.

"You didn't answer the question..." I looked down at my hands that I had smashed between my knees.

Niall put his hand on my thigh. "There is no such thing as not wanting to spend time with you." He leaned closer, kissing my temple. "You want me here right?" He breathed against my cheek. "That's if I can stay here." He pulled away slightly looking for an answer in my expressions.

I smiled. "Just lay down." I giggled and pulled him up the bed so I could cuddle into him.

"Can I ask you something?" He whispered as he started to play with my hair.

"Sure."

"Do you remember my first day at the hardware store?"

"Yeah." I smiled to myself. "That's the day you asked me out."

"Do you think about how life would be if I didn't get the job?"

His question never crossed my mind. What would life be like? Would he have still come back to talk to me? We I have stayed at my old school? I know for sure I wouldn't be where I am now.