Twenty-Seven

Edit Credit to stephofrp.tumblr.com Anyway, enjoy.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"We're playing Yorkson today..." Niall told me on our way to school when I asked him about his game.

"Why didn't you tell me? Were you not going to?" I asked, turning my body in my seat.

"I just didn't know how to tell you." He said, looking at me for a brief moment then back at the road.

"Is it a home game?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

"Why?"

"It's safer."

We got to school and almost everyone was wearing the school colors. That was one reason why I liked Fridays.

I was nervous about tonight. Of course I was going to go. I had to. Niall would be upset if I didn't go just because he was playing my old school.

That night before the game, I put on Niall's jacket which I wore with pride. Sara picked me up and we again met with the other girls in the gym. I looked across to the visitors section and it was packed with familiar faces, each one making my stomach turn. Niall ran up to me.

"Good luck kiss, babe." He grinned and leaned in pecking my lips.

"Beat their asses."

"Trust me, we're going to." He laughed and kissed me one more time before running to the locker room.

"Do you know anyone over there?" Sara asked.

I nodded. "Yeah most of them and not one for a good reason."

"That's horrible."

The game started and each side cheered back and forth. We were winning but not by much at halftime. I needed something to drink and Tia went with me to buy a water.

We were waiting in line when Tia nudged me. "Those girls over there are looking at you." She pointed.

I glanced over and sure enough it was Sharon and her friends. I looked away and asked for a water. I paid and took the water quickly.

"Let's go." I pulled in Tia's arm.

We had to walk past them to get back in the gym but Sharon just walked right up to me, stopping me in my tracks.

"How are you?" She faked a smile.

"I've been good." I said, going along with her charade.

"That's great! Maybe you're in need of an adjustment." She stepped closer. "Your boyfriend is very sexy. I wouldn't mind a piece of that." She winked.

"He wouldn't want you." I snapped.

"Don't be too sure. I'm almost positive he doesn't get what he wants from you" she spoke as if she really knew that and she pushed my last button.

"Shut the fuck up Sharon!" I yelled, causing a few people around me to look.

The lobby cleared some, telling me that the game was starting again. Tia ran away from me and that pissed me off. Why would she leave?

"You're all alone, Hun. Should use this opportunity to beat the shit out of you like old times?" She grabbed onto my wrist. "I can make your boyfriend so happy." She growled into my ear.

I pushed her back and that caused her to lunge at me. We both fell to the floor and I took a fist to the jaw. My adrenaline kicked in and I rolled her over. I straddled her legs to keep her still as I threw punches to her face. I was pulled back by her friends giving her time to stand up but I kicked up my legs making her fall to the floor again. She tried again and grabbed me out of her friends' grasps. She shoved me into the wall and kneed me in the stomach making me groan.