Eleven

Updating for y’all :) Updated last night and tonight! LOOK AT ME! lol I'm a bit sad I don't get many reads anymore. Chapter 5 have 74 reads and now i only get like 20 on the chapters. I was hoping I could make this story more successful than my last but I DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE DO IT! Maybe I just suck. Anyway enjoy this chapter! 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

We pulled up to a burger place that was like an old drive-in restaurant. Niall and I decided to eat at a picnic table instead of inside his car, so we went to the window to order food. When our number was called Niall took the tray and led us to the table by his car. We sat down on the same side and separated the food.

Niall put a fry in his mouth before wrapping an arm around my back and kissing my cheek. We stayed in that position while we ate and talked.

"Yo Niall!" Someone yelled and we both looked up.

"Hey man!" Niall shook the boy’s hand.

"You must be Opal." He held his hand out to me.

"Yeah."

"I'm Niall's buddy, Harry." He smiled as I shook his hand. "Nice to finally meet you. When I saw the picture of you Niall put on Facebook I thought he paid you. He's not paying you to date him right?" He sat down and laughed.

"No he's not paying me." I said seriously.

"He's joking, babe." Niall said making them both laugh.

My face became beat red so I sipped on my soda.

"Listen Niall, a bunch of us are going to the lake tonight for a bonfire. Come with." Harry said, standing up.

"Can Opal come?"

"Yeah she must! Zayn will never believe it!"

Niall rolled his eyes. "You're an ass." He chuckled.

"Maybe I'll see you tonight then." Harry stood and went to get food.

"You want to go?" He asked turning to me.

"Sure but I have work tomorrow afternoon."

He grinned. "Not until the afternoon though."

"I have to ask my mom."

"That's fine."

Niall and I finished eating and he started to tickle me, making laugh.

"I love that laugh. I want to record it and make it my ringtone." He kissed my neck.

"That's creepy!" I laughed, slapping his thigh.

"I'm so lucky I found you." His lips grazed my ear.

"No. It's the other way around." I backed my head away and brushed my fingers through his hair. "Last week I was trying to avoid the outside world and trying to think about anything other than how life wasn't even worth living. I'm lucky I've got you now to show me how to laugh and smile again. I'm not so numb anymore." My hand caressed his cheek. "When you're numb you don't feel anything. It was good not being about to feel anger or sadness but it came along with not being able to feel happy. I'm a high school drop out with nowhere to live and because of you I feel like I at least have something to live for."

"I don't even know what to say." He smiled and shook his head. "Don't leave me alright?"

"I won't" I promised him.

Niall took me to his place again. Both his parents went to some retreat with some friends so he was home alone for the weekend. He brought me up to his room and I was a little skeptical but I trust him to not try anything.