Thirty-Five

Second Update

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Niall was drunk. He wasn't the only one. Everyone else seemed to be too. They were all slowly making their way to their rooms or passing out on a chair. It was 5am already and I was exhausted but I wanted to have fun. I only had a drink and half before I felt like I shouldn't have anymore. I'm a lightweight apparently, according to Sean.

I tiptoed around Louis where he had fallen on asleep on the floor and knelt down next to Niall.

"Babe." I whispered, nudging him. "Wake up." He groaned and rolled over. "Fine, I'm going to bed, alone."

I pushed on him to help me get up and I sleepily crawled up the stairs and to our room. I flopped onto the bed and pulled the covers over me.

It wasn't long until Niall stumbled in doing the same. He fell asleep quickly, beginning to breathe heavily. I rolled over so I couldn't smell his beer breath and easily fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up around noon and went downstairs to make something to eat. Everyone had finally made it to their rooms. I made two grilled cheese sandwiches and put one on two plates. I brought them back up to the bedroom and plopped onto the bed.

"Ni.” I nudged him. “I made you a grilled cheese." I hummed into his ear.

He rubbed his eyes and sat up. I handed him the plate and he smiled.

"You're the best." He took a bite.

We finished our sandwiches and I set the plates on the side table. "Do you have energy? Or is it back to sleep?"

"Why? What do you want to do?" He leaned back onto the headboard and I gave him a look, biting my lip. "Oh!" He smirked.

He jumped upon to his knees and pulled me down on the bed so my head hit the pillow. I giggled as he kissed me repeatedly.

***

I woke up again, with Niall's arm draped over my bare stomach. I smiled to myself and lightly scratched up his arm. I watched as a smirk faintly appeared on his lips.

"I have to shower, babe." I pushed the blankets down my body.

With just a bra on, I quickly pulled clothes from my bag and put my other clothes back on to walk to the bathroom. I showered as fast as I could just in case someone else was waiting and as I was putting my clothes on, I heard a knock at the door.

"Opal, let me in."

I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door. Niall came in with his shower things and clothes. He started the shower and striped off his boxers.

"Wish I was a bit quicker, I could have joined you." He said, closing the curtain.

"I wouldn't have let you." I said, drying my hair with my towel.

"Why’s that?"

"Because I'm a good girl."

He chuckled. "Until I corrupted you."

"True." I blushed, sitting down on the toilet lid.

"I miss when you couldn't even say the word sex." He shut off the shower and grabbed his towel.

"You weren't complaining in the bedroom."

He stepped out if the shower. "Oh no, I wasn't." He smiled. "I just miss the shy Opal that would get all flustered when I just barely touched her inappropriately."

I stood up to blow dry my hair as Niall got dressed. "You're the only person I'm not shy around."

I turned the blow dryer on and brushed through my hair as it dried. Niall had ruffled his hair with his towel. He hung up my towel and his, before standing behind me as I finished.

I unplugged the dryer and wrapped up the cord. "Change is okay, y’know.”

He nodded. “I know that, but I can always remember how things used to be.” His arms snaked around my waist.

“You still love me like this right?”

“Of course babe.” He kissed my neck. “I’ll always love you no matter who you evolve into.”

I smiled at him through the mirror, before we got all of our belongings and went back to the bedroom. After that, we went downstairs.

Throughout the day, we did more drinking. Once everyone was up we played volleyball and chicken in the lake and we had a barbecue. Later that night we had a bonfire, like we usually do, which I didn’t mind.

“Haley's dude was checking you out at the lake.” Niall glared at him across the fire as he held his arms around me.

“So?” I said, turning slightly to look at him.

“It bothers me. He shouldn’t be looking at you when you’re taken. Shit, so is he.” He complained.

“Just let it go. It’s not like I’d even step close to him. I’ve got you.” I smiled and pecked his cheek.

“We only need each other.”

I nodded and faced forward again with my back to his chest. He left multiple kisses to my neck and I felt him smile into my hair. Whenever someone made him laugh I felt the vibrations from his chest and his laugh sounded perfect. If I was able to pick any moment in my life and stay there, this would be the moment.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Remember to send feedback! 

-Em xx