Forty-Two

Double update! (edit on side was made by me)

Niall had washed his clothes and changed out of his sweats and T-shirt that I had and put his jeans and crew neck sweater on. I changed into jeans and a sweater. I put on a pair of boots and did my makeup. Niall left his hair down and I braided mine to the side.

Ruby wasn't too keen on me giving Niall another chance because she believed once a cheater always a cheater. I told her if he does it again, I won't question what ifs anymore.

"Ready?" Niall asked, putting his shoes on.

"Yeah." I put my coat on and Niall did the same.

"Dinner first then?" He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers.

"Yes I'm starving. There's an amazing pizza place in Times Square we should go to since neither of us are dressed very fancy." I chuckled.

We got into the elevator and the doors closed. "Sounds good to me, Opal."

I smiled leaned my head on his shoulder. "You can call me babe you know. I'm not mad at you."

"I wasn't sure if it was okay. I've been stopping myself all day." He let out a laugh.

"You don't have to. I like it." I looked up at him. "Babe."

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I like it too babe."

The elevator came to a halt and we stepped off and walked through the lobby. We caught a cab and it took us to the pizza place. Niall and I sat in a booth; we order drinks and a pizza. Niall held my hand over the table as he talked about his classes and I talked about mine.

I wasn't sure how I would tell him about the Angel thing. It's funny because how could I model lingerie? How could shy, innocent Opal strut a runway in sexy bras and angel wings. I'm excited about it though. I've modeled in clothes that are equivalent to a bra and panties and I felt good. I felt kind of bad and I liked it.

I have to tell him soon though. If he doesn't like the idea, he and I won't work out anyway. This is the best job I can get at the moment and I'm young and I have the figure. It pays well. I'll be able to afford my own apartment once I'm out of school. I get to go to movie premieres and other cool fashion shows.

"Whatcha thinking about babe?" Niall asked snapping me out of my head.

The pizza was set down in between us. "Just some stuff." I shrugged.

"You're not regretting this right?" He looked scared.

"No no!" He relaxed and put a piece of pizza on a plate and handed it to me. "I'm just thinking about something but it's not important right now." I smiled.

"Oh okay. Don't scare me like that." He warned taking a bite of pizza.

I stood from the booth and went to sit beside him. He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around me and I set my plate in front of me.

"You've got to fold the pizza like a hotdog bun, babe." I picked up my slice and showed him.

He laughed at me but did as I said and took a bite. He set it back on the plate and chewed. After he swallowed, he kissed my cheek. I turned to him and wiped some sauce from the corner of his mouth with my thumb. His lips wrapped around my thumb, licking of the sauce. I giggled and used a napkin to wipe my thumb off.

"Let's finish up so we can get out of here. I want to do some walking around before it gets too late." I said and he nodded.

After dinner we put our coats back on and paid the bill. Niall took my hand and pulled me close as we stepped outside. He stopped at the side of the sidewalk for a moment to catch my lips for a quick kiss.