Eight

I thought I'd post this as well. :) bc it's cute and makes me smile. Kay enjoy :)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Niall unlocked the door and waited for me to walk in before closing it. He set his bag down and put his keys in a bowl by the door. I looked up and saw a chandelier just above the stairs and nice pictures and art lined the walls.

“This is amazing.” I said, continuing to look around.

“Do you want anything to eat?” Niall asked, showing me to the kitchen.

I looked towards the counter and it was set up with fast food bags and sour gummy worms. Niall pulled a pan of pasta out of the oven. He remembered the foods I liked.

“I thought we’d stuff our faces and watch movies.” Niall set the pan down in front of me.

“I’d love that.” I felt like crying.

“You do?” he looked up from the counter and at me.

I walked over to him. “Of course I do. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.”

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight.

“Can I kiss you now?” he asked. “I knew you didn’t want me to kiss you at your school.”

I looked up at him and nodded, closing my eyes. Niall pressed his lips onto mine and rested his hands on my hips. I pushed him against the counter and felt him moan into my mouth. We pulled apart to the clearing of someone throat. I jumped away from Niall and looked toward the kitchen entrance.

“Mom, I thought you were going to work?” Niall gulped.

Great, his mom. I really set a great first impression.

“I am, I was just about to leave when I saw your car at the curb.” She looked at me. “You must be Opal.” She stuck her hand out to me.

I shook it. “I-I am. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Horan.”

“Likewise darling. May I ask what happened to your face?” I gulped.

“Mom.” Niall shot her a glare.

“I’m sorry. I’ll just go. Please behave. I can trust you right Niall?” he nodded as she left.

She shut the front door behind her and Niall turned to me.

“I’m sorry, babe. She’s a doctor.”

“It’s okay.” I looked down at my feet. “Do you think it’ll be alright if I take a shower?”

“Uh yeah sure.” He took my hand and led me down to the basement. “We can watch the movies down here. It’s the guest suite” he showed me the living area. “You can shower in the bathroom down here.” He showed me that as well, going into the closet and grabbing a towel. “I’ll let you borrow some of my clothes, while we wash yours.” I nodded. “I’ll just put them on the sink when I come back down. I’ll bring all the food down here too.”

“Thanks.” I kissed his cheek.

“No problem.” He smiled, closing the bathroom door and leaving me alone.

I turned on the shower and striped off my clothes, folding them and setting them by the sink. I felt the water’s temperature before stepping in and shutting the curtain. A hot shower felt so good. It had been nearly a week without one. Cold showers never make me feel clean. A knock on the door stopped me as I washed my hair.

“Here are some clothes. I’ll put your clothes in the washer and start it when you’re out.” Niall called.

“Thank you.” I shouted over the sound of the water.

The door shut again and I finished with my shower. I stepped out and dried off. I pulled Niall’s shirt over my head and a pair of his boxer up my legs. I yanked the sweatpants on and tightened the draw string. I dried my hair and took the towel with me to throw in the wash.

I came out of the bathroom and rounded the corner to see Niall on the couch, flipping through channels. I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind, kissing his cheek.

“Where’s the washer?”

"Just the small room next to the bathroom." He grinned up at me as I stood straight. "It's all set up. Just throw your towel in and press start."

I nodded and walked away. I opened the door to the laundry room and just stared at the machine. I thanked god he set it up for because I surely wouldn't know how. All the washers I've ever come across in my life were top loaders and really old.

I put the towel inside and closed the door back up. I located the button and pressed 'start'.

I went back to Niall and grabbed a bag of food before sitting down.

"Took you a while to press a button." He teased.

"That was like a foreign machine to me!" I complained.

I put my feet up on the coffee table and noticed it was covered with gummy worms. I sat up and looked at Niall before looking at them, spelling out, 'will u b my gf?'.

"I was running out of gummy worms and you were coming back." He said, taking my hand.

"This is only our first date. If you can even call it that!" I looked at him and he was completely serious. "I don't know how to respond." I said dumbfounded.

"Just a simple yes or no." He shrugged.

I could feel his hands tremble before he let go of mine.

"Yes, then." I grinned at him. "I can't believe you used gummy worms. I can't say no to that!" I looked back at the table and took one.

As I was chewing Niall kissed me quickly and I almost choked because I wasn't expecting it.

"Shit sorry!" He apologized before I broke out into laughter.

I swallowed and grabbed his face kissing him softly.

In the back of my mind I was thinking this was probably a bad idea. Not just because I don't trust people, but because I don't have a home or go to school. I'm practically a bum. I don't want him to find out and think I'm using him.

I do need to talk to Rick to get more hours at the store. I might as well become a full time worker if he'll let me.

Working with Niall will make it difficult to hide the fact that I'm no longer in school. I'm sure he doesn't want to date a high school dropout.

For my own selfish reasons I want to enjoy this closeness to someone while I still can.

"I thought you would say no." Niall confessed later on after we ate almost everything.

We were into our third movie I think. I lost track. I never seen any of these movies. I used to go to the movies when I was little but that was when I was young enough to get money off and it wasn't as expensive. Now that's not possible, just a waste of money.

"Why?" I asked genuinely curious.

"You and I both know you're a very closed off person, Opal." His arm that was around my shoulder tightened. "I didn't think you would be ready or okay with it."

"Well I'm full of surprises."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING! OR I WON'T UPDATE!!! :P

ALSO VOTE AND COMMENT AND SHARE. SHARE THE SHIT OUT OF IT! lol

-Em xx