Ten

Updating for y'all :)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I woke up around 10:45pm and just laid there for a couple more hours. I didn't see a reason to get up. I did get up to shower but then I laid back down.

I received a text around 2pm.

*Want to go out to lunch with me?*

I smiled to myself.

*Sure, but I'm at the hospital so pick me up there?*

*Okay, babe.*

I got out of bed and changed into a nicer shirt since I was wearing a worn out one to lie around in. I checked to see if my jeans looked okay in the bathroom mirror and ran out of the hospital to sit on a bench and wait.

As I sat I thought of how I would get around Niall asking to come to my place next time and the time after that and after that. I wondered how long I could keep up the act.

Niall pulled up and got out of the car. Does he know I can open a door myself? He didn't just get out to open the door though, he pulled me in for a kiss and a hug.

"How are your ribs? I didn't ask yesterday." His hands rested on my hips.

I lifted my shirt just below my boobs and looked down. "They feel and look okay." I shrugged. "My cheek hurts like hell though."

"I wish I was there both times to stop it." He looked down and rested his forehead on mine.

"It's the past." I kissed his nose.

He opened the car door for me and got in on the other side. We drove up into a parking lot I knew very well.

"We can't eat here!" I panicked.

"Why? I used to eat here when I was younger. I love this place. C'mon, it's good."

I didn't want to explain to him that I was afraid to eat at the diner. I was really afraid of the kids from school.

Niall had to practically drag me to the door. The bell rang as we walked in, a few heads turning in our direction.

"Can we please leave?" I begged pulling his hand.

"No I really want a burger."

He slid into a booth and I groaned. I might just look on the bright side. I haven't seen anyone from school yet.

"Opal!" A voice cheered.

I cringed, turning my head to look at who was standing at our table.

"Sharon." I frowned, looking at my table.

She sat down across from me and next to Niall. I tensed up and continued to look anywhere but her eyes.

"Are you moving?" She asked.

"No." I mumbled.

"Did you just drop out of school then?"

My heart dropped. "What?" Niall went wide eyed looking at me.

"I-I uhm." I sighed. "Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me Opal?" Niall raised his voice.

"I-I d-don't know, Niall." I sunk in the booth.

Sharon smiled to herself and I wanted to jump over the table and strangle her.

"I'm sorry, Opal. I didn't know." She was good at acting.

"It's okay she should have told me." Niall told her, buying into her bullshit. "I'm Niall, her friend from work."

Ouch. Now I'm just a friend. Just yesterday he asked me to be his girlfriend and I fucked it up already. Figures.