Twenty-Four

My shitty edit on the side... that's the best I can do w/o photoshop...  My best friend made me a video edit as well! She's @siiickstyles on instagram! find me on instagram @siiickpunk1d Anyway, enjoy.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It's been a couple weeks. I miss Niall at work. He only works one day, Sunday, because he had practice every day. He takes me home after school and then takes me to work. He goes to practice then does homework until he comes to pick me up. I miss seeing so much of him. Now that we are back into the groove of school I feel overwhelmed. I feel too busy.

Niall has his first game on Friday. All the girls are going to watch the boys play. I'm really excited to see Niall doing what he loves. He said there's something about basketball that makes him feel powerful.

Tia picked Sara and me up at her house and we met up with Megan, Haley, and Chelsea. They all had on the school colors and I hadn't even thought about that. Sara wasn't either, but her arm was sore so she didn't change from what she wore to school.

We paid to get in and found our seats behind the boy’s chairs. We were early so the boys were all warming up.

They went to the locker room but Liam and Niall back out to us. Niall gave me a hug.

"We see you two aren't wearing school colors, what kind of girlfriends are you?" Liam said, making us chuckle.

"I didn't even think about it and Sara's shoulder was hurting." I told them.

They both handed us their jackets that they came out of the locker room with.

Liam helped Sara with his and Niall helped me. Liam kissed Sara bye, but Niall pulled me in for a passionate one. My face was burning from people watching us.

Liam smacked Niall's shoulder. "Come on dude!"

Niall pulled away from me. "Cheer for me. I'll be scoring for you." He winked.

They both ran off back to locker room and the girls all teased me. I sat down and played with the zipper of the jacket.

"He's something else huh?" Sara asked me.

"Yeah." I bit my lip trying not to grin like crazy.

The game started and we all cheered whenever something good happened. Niall waved at me a few times. Half time came along and the cheerleaders started their halftime routine. I rolled my eyes when the guys behind us whooped. Pervs. Sara nudged me and I looked up to see Niall standing in front of the cheer as the cheerleaders held up signs spelling out my name, then shuffling around and flipping the A and L over to spell out PROM? My mouth dropped and the girls pushed me to go. I walked over to Niall and he handed me the flowers in his hand.

"Will you go to prom with me?" I nodded quickly and wrapped my arms around him.

The crowed awh'ed and Niall spun me around. "I love you." I giggled, as he set me down.

"I love you too." He pecked my lips.

"Go win this game, baby."

"I will."

I kissed him one last time and went back to my seat, smelling the bouquet. The girls hugged me and I blushed. Niall just asked me to prom in front of everyone at school. He just put his heart on his sleeve. I smiled to myself just thinking about it.

The clock was counting down and Niall had the ball at the three point line. He shot and scored as the buzzer rang. We won the game!

I laughed and cheered as the team hoisted Niall into the air, chanting. They let him down and he ran to me, pushing chairs out of the way. He picked me up.

"You won!" I yelled over cheers.

"It's because of you." He smiled, hugging me tight. "Thank you for being here."

"Horan! Locker room!" His couch yelled.

"I'll be back." He pecked my nose and ran off following the team.

They came back out and the rest of the gym cleared out. Niall came up to me and sat on the bleachers pulling me onto his lap. Liam decided to take Sara home so I said bye to them. The other girls and the rest of the guys were messing around.

"Niall." I turned to see his face. "Our six month anniversary is Thursday."

"Woah. Really?" He smiled. "It's been that long?"

"Yeah." I bit my lip. "I think maybe we can make it special." I played with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Of course it will be special, Opal."

"No Niall, I mean special, special." I met his eyes.

"Oh. Are you ready for that?"

I smiled. "Yes." I leaned in and whispered. "I want to have sex with you."

He laughed and squeezed my hips making me squeal. "Making my night even better."

He stood up and carried me towards the middle of the gym, where everyone else was.

"Hey Niall, you've got a prom date, now I guess the rest of us boys gotta get to work." Zayn laughed, slinging his arm around Tia, causing her to roll her eyes.

"You guys can continue being idiots. We're going to go home." Niall said, setting me down.

"Man, I wish I lived with a girl." Harry pouted and walked towards Haley. "Want to come live with me?" He joked, pulling on her sweater.

"Oh yes Harry! I’ll live with you." She joked. "We can bow chicka bow wow every night." Haley put both her hands on his butt.

"Oh god." I covered my eyes and turned into Niall.

Everyone laughed. "Is that supposed to be us?" Niall asked. "We don't..."

I stopped him. "C'mon Niall let's go home."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the doors of the gym. I found his car and got in. He sighed getting in on the other side.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Niall. They were just joking."

He started the car. "Okay, but I never told them that that's what's going on at home. They're just being gross."

I looked out the window as we pulled out of the parking lot. "I don't want them thinking I'm some kind of nympho." Niall laughed. "What?" I looked at him.

"You? A nympho? Yeah right."

"What's that mean?"

"I mean you would never be like that..." He turned the corner.

"I'm scared." I admitted after a few minutes if silence.

"Of what? The dark? We're almost home."

"No I mean, I'm scared for Thursday." I bit my lip.

"If you're not ready, Opal. Just tell me, I won't be mad and I won't care." He grabbed my hand. "I'm okay with waiting, you know that. I like what we are doing now." I blushed thinking about what he means. "There's no rush. We've got the rest of our lives. Well, don't make me wait that long!" We laughed.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Remember to send feedback! Again, sorry for taking so long to update. 

-Em xx