36

I've been pacing back and forth in front of TwoBit and Soda for a while. TwoBit hadn't cracked one joke. That isn't a good sign. The hospital doors keep opening and we all look to them trying to see if it's anyone we know. It never is. I don't know when Darry gets off of work today, but he needs to hurry.

What feels like hours but is probably only minutes later the sudden woosh of air and the loud footsteps pounding inside the hospital, we all look up and see the rest of the gang. Darry looks almost worse than Soda and Soda's been crying the whole time. Darry has the most worried face with sad eyes. His hair is a mess and he looks rushed and sweaty.

Dal rushes over to me and pulls me in a tight hug. I hold on to him tightly. I look over to Carrie who's just standing there hugging herself tears falling down her face.

I manage to pull out of Dally's embrace and hold onto Carrie. I look over and see Johnny too. I grab him and pull him into the hug. I feel Dal's warm presence and am surprised he joined the hug.

After hours a doctor comes out.

"All here for PonyBoy Curtis?" the doctor asks looking around the waiting room.

Darrel immediately stands up. The poor guy.

"That'd be us."

The doctor, Dr.Willis as his name tag says walks over to us and speaks in a hushed voice.

"PonyBoy had woken up,"

I felt a rush of relief fall over all of us.

"But he isn't in good shape,"

The relief is gone.

"The has a concussion and minor amnesia. The wound that looks like it was recently stitched us is infected,"

I immediately look down. Shit this is my fault.

My face must've been bad cause Dal squeezed my shoulder.

"It's not your fault, you were trying to help," Dallas whispers in my ear.

It doesn't make me feel better but I give  him a weak smile.

"Only immediate family is allowed to see him, he's not awake,"  the doctor says.

Darry and Soda follow the doctor to Pony's room.

Shit shit shit shit. This isn't good. This isn't good at all. The wound i stitched up was my fault. It's my fault it's infected.

If... if Pony dies, I'll never forgive myself. 

"Ads sit down, will ya?" TwoBit asks.

I hadn't even realized I was pacing. I look at his grief stricken self and sit. I stare off into space and try not to fidget.

I can't take it anymore.  My best friend is fucking unconscious because of some douchebag soc. I stand up and rush out of the hospital. I hear footsteps following me and I start running.

I push past crowds and turn corners. I wanna find those fuckers who did that to Pony. They sure as hell were gonna pay.

I see then white Cadillac. The same license plate. I watch guys pile out. Sure enough it's the same 3 douchebags. I run over and tackle the one who pulled the blade at Pony. I start punching him as his buddies try to pry me off.

They manage to pull me off before i sock one of them. Then I kick the other's family jewels.

I feel warm arms wrap themselves around me restraining my arms from any movement.

"Calm down babydoll," A thick new yorkern accent says.

"I-I- I can't," I stutter, "not after what they did to Pony,"

My eyes have been closed for a while trying not to cry and I realize Dal has been dragging me away from the guys.

"It's not your fault," Dal says.

"Y-yes it is his stitches got infected the ones I stitched," I say.

"So what,"

"People have died from infections," I say.

"Ponyboy is a strong one even though he may seem soft, he ain't gonna give up this easily," Dal says.

I can feel his warm breath down my neck. The familiar scent of cigarettes.

I don't realize where we are until I hear the sound of glasses clinking and old country music playing. Dal carries me up to his room and closes the door.

He places me in the bed and takes his shirt and pants off. He climbs right in next to me and wraps his arm around my waist.  I nuzzle my face in the bad boy's chest and slowly drift to sleep.

A/N eeek. lol i know i make one of these at the end of every chapter whatever.

#daddie