CHAPTER 022

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO |

( hi, i don't think we have properly met,
i am ... )

Bayley didn't beat Sasha tonight due to Chris and Ric interfering causing Sasha to retain.
A part of me is sad for Bayley but a part of me is relieve, I can still get Sasha Banks.

"Nevrous?" I ask Roman.

He shakes his head and continues to wrap black tape around his fists. "Nah, I have beaten that husky son of a gun, Rusev plenty of times."

"And what if he beats you?" I ask curious.

"He won't," Roman stood up. "I have my good luck charm."

"Oh yeah, what is that?"

Roman throws his tattoo arm over my shouldrs, "That would be you." I couldn't help but blush.

We both walk out of his locker room. I stop half way in the hallway we were taking. "I'm gonna watch you're match from the monitor here, I just don't want to be in the gorilla with Ric and Sasha there."

Roman nods his head understanding, "Okay, as soon as my match is over meet me in the gorilla."

"Of course."

"What? No good luck kiss?" My mouth goes dry and I get instantly nervous. No Charlotte he doesn't mean on the lips, he means a peck.
I swallow my pride and walk close to him. I turn his head to the side and softly peck his cheek.

"Bring some gold back to me." I say with a small smile on my pale face.

He winks at me, making me go weak to my knees. "You know I will." With that he walks off to the gorilla for battle.

I watch him walk off then I turn my heel and walk to the nearest monitor. I quickly found one and watched with adoring eyes Roman walking out of the curtin. He looks so strong and brave, all I wanted to do was to walk by his side.

Rusev finally walks out with no Lana by his side due to her being banned from ringside. Roman stares at the Hungarian Brute with intense eyes. If Rusev was fighting someone else, I would of instantly wanted him to win because he is a great performer and Vince doesn't want to give him a vhance, but this was Roman who he was fighting against. In any situation I will want Roman to win.

As soon as the bell rang, the two beasts circled each other. I held in a breath not prepared for what to come next. Then they both charged at each other and exchange a series of painful punches. I cringed as they punch each other with all their might. This was going to be a long and painful match to watch.

As the match went on, you don't know how many times I have squeaked or groan, causing people passing by giving me strange looks. I have had a unsettling feeling in my stomch.

I bit my lip as hard as I can so I won't scream my head off when Rusev put Roman in his non stop unpleasant submission.

"Come on Roman, don't you dare tap out." I said to myself. Anxiety was running through out my veins. My heart was beating fast. My palms were sweaty. I swear I might just have a heart attack.

Roman gritted his teeth together as Rusev added more pressure. My hands covered my eyes, I didn't want to see anymore of this agonizing match. I was getting ready to head to the gorilla because I knew this match was going to end right here, right now.

I peak from my fingers when the crowd started yelling. To my relief Roman wasn't tapping out, he had pick up Rusev onto his shoulders and did some type of back drop. He went for the cover but unfortunately that wouldn't be enough for Rusev to be done with.
I gripped the roots of my hair, all I wanted was Roman to be on top tonight. He couldn't lose.

I suck in a breath when Roman hit Rusev with a superman punch, but Rusev still didn't go down. I was on my tipy toes, I felt I was going to be sick.
Then Roman just spear Rusev knocking him out. When the ref hit the mat three times, it was like music to my ears. I closed my eyes for a brief moment when the bell sounded, then Roman's music played signaling that Roman was now the new United States champion.

"He did it." I said to myself. I sighed in relief and started walking to the gorilla to meet up with Roman. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep a smile off my face. I was happy. He deserved it. That match was ardent. There was moments in that match that I thought I was going to pass out due to me holding my breath. I felt if I was on cloud nine, that I was up in the clouds, soaring through the blue skies.
Then everything changed when his face appear right in front of me. Just as I was on cloud nine, I fell back down onto the hard ground.

"Hey beautiful." He greeted.

"Look I am not in the mood to be talking to you, so will you please excuse me." I say trying to pass around him.

He blocked my way, "Why are you in such a rush dear?" I didn't answer but the answer finally hit his hot headed mind. A dour smirk then stretched across his face. "Oh it is because of you're little hero Roman Reigns?"

I didn't say anything. Next thing I knew, I was pushed harshly up against a wall. I winced as pain spread through my lower back.

"What have I been telling you? You are mine. Not his. I don't want you to have nothing to do with him. You are not a loud to be anywhere around him." He said irritated.

I placed my hands on his chest trying my best to push him away. Both of his hands slip to grab my bare thighs.

"No I am not. You don't tell me what to d-"

I was cut off from him squeezing my skin more. "Excuse me? I don't think you should talk to me like that."

"Stop.....You're hurting me." I wail out while looking down at his tattoo that was across his knuckles. I knew I had no chance against him. There was no one around due to everyone at the gorilla watching the matches.

"No listen to me very closely Charlotte, I want you. How many times do I have to say that for you to believe me? I love you. You may think that you don't, but deep down you love me."

"Just get off of me." I said harshly.

"Charlotte?" We both whip our heads to the side to find a sweaty Roman Reigns standing there with his new championship slung across his shoulder. I notice he wasn't paying attention, I harshly pushed him away from me.

Roman looked at us confused. My hands started to shake. Fear hit me hard. This is what I didn't want. I didn't want them two to stand face to face with each other. My breathing got uneven.

He took a look at me and smirked villainy at my panic state. He looked at Roman and stretched out his arm with the bull tattoo on his shoulder.

"Hi, I don't think we have properly met, I am Kevin Owens.....Charlotte's ex husband."