CHAPTER 035

CHAPTER 035 |

( anything for you )

When I got backstage, Roman met me. He handed me a water bottle and I took it out of his hands, drinking it fast.
My skin was on fire from the hits of the steel chair and kendo stick. I should probably go get checked out but that was the last thing on my mind.
Roman and I walked side by side, he knows something is wrong but he is waiting for me to say something.

I throw my half full water bottle against the wall and grab a steel chair and throw it across the hall.
I leaned my head against the wall and gripped my hair.

"They did it. They broke me." I confess. "They were right, I'm not made for this. I'm not good enough for this."

Roman wrapped his hand around my forearm and pulls me around to face him.
"Don't you ever say that. They are wrong. Kevin, Sasha, Ric, and Chris know nothing. They just want to feel you're head with thoughts to mess with you. Don't let let."

I don't look him in the eye, I stare at the wall behind him.

"When I was little I asked my father why there wasn't any female presidents. He said woman weren't cut out for such a powerful role. These past few months have been a change for the woman here. Maybe I only retained and won my matches because of Ric. I am just a fake. I am only setting myself up for failure."

Roman cupped my cheeks in the palms of his hands. "Look at me." I finally do. Those big brown eyes that I reminded me when we almost kissed. Goosebumps erupted all over my skin of the memory of his lips dancing close to mine.
"You aren't setting yourself up for failure. Its okay for you to feel like this. He is your father. He betrayed you and didn't listen to what you have to say. You are made for this. As I said before, you are brave Charlotte. The most bravest person I have ever met. I understand, the pressure is starting to hit you. You just can't let yourself fall into their sick lies."

I sigh, "You're right. You're always right. They are trying to mess with me. I should of been more wiser. I'm such a idiot."

"Charlotte its okay. You just felt hurt. Its okay to feel hurt. Don't beat yourself over it." Roman tucks a piece of my long blonde hair behind my hair.
"You need some time to just breathe. Let's take a break from everything."

I nod, "Okay when?"

"Tomorrow hopefully."

"Where are we going?"

"Its a surprise."

I wrap my arms around his torso and lay my head against his chest. I felt his heart beating somewhat fast.

"Thank you." I have been saying that a lot to him, but I am truly thankful for him. I don't know what I'all do without him.

"Anything for you."

Roman kisses the top of my head, "Whatever you need I'll get it for you. Hell, I'll even get you all the stars in the universe."

There isn't enough stars in the universe to show how much I love Roman.