Chapter 10: Officer Nanu

We were waiting by the docks, both of us were silent. All that was heard were a few sighs and the calm ocean. I finally let out a cough to signal him to talk 'What? You want me to apologise or something?'

(Nods)

'Why should I? I didn't do anything'

(Snorts)

'Okay... I dragged you and Sun into a battle... But that's it'

(Glares)

'Ugh... And I forced them to come with me to save my sister... But she's their friend, so they're kinda obligated to come...'

(Raises eyebrow)

'OKAY FINE! I WAS A JERK! JEEZ WHADDA YOU WANT FROM ME?!'

'Gladion? Who are you talking to?' Someone asked from behind us, I turned around to see Sun was giving Gladion a confused look. I cried happily as I bounded over to the boy, rubbing my head against his arm 'Heh, hey Null.' he smiled as he patted my head 'Hmph, so we're waiting for Hau?' Gladion frowned 'Gladion!' I growled 'We should wait...' Sun suggested 'Yeah, I guess so... He's a pretty interesting kid. I'll give you that...' Gladion shrugged 'Growing up in the great kahuna's shadow and still trying to stand up to Hala as an equal? ... I couldn't do it.' He sighed. I felt a presence behind me and started to growl, but stopped as soon as I saw who it was 'Officer Nanu?' Gladion's eyes widened once he saw the grey haired man 'If only Team Skull just kept to themselves and their troublemaking in Po Town... Why'd they have to make all this fuss, huh?' Nanu scolded, his gaze shifted from Gladion to Sun.

'You there, boy. I'm an island kahuna you know. Battle against me. It'll be a good experience for you if you're really hoping to master the island challenge.' he suggested. I stared at Sun, eager to hear his answer 'Ok, I will' he smiled and nodded 'Don't take it too serious, now.' Nanu put his hands on his hips, ready to battle. I took my place again next to Gladion 'Wonder how this is gonna go down...' I smirked

(Time skip to after battle)

'Hmph...' Nanu smirked as he returned his fainted Alolan Persian to it's Pokeball 'Well shoot... Of course I already knew you had the heart and the strength to storm Team Skull's stronghold, but I didn't know you were this good. And your team worked real hard for you. Let me fix your team up for you.' He smiled as he healed up Sun's team 'Here. This is Yours.' He handed the boy a Z-Crystal 'Woah, way to go Sun!' I smirked. Nanu coughed to get everyone's attention 'If you wanna use the Dark-Type Z-Power, you gotta do it like this.' He showed us the moves, starting by making an X shape with his arms, then bringing them down to his sides, then clenching his fists in front, And finishing off with a big pose. Me and Gladion stared in shock, as Nanu returned to his normal, slouched self 'There. Congratulations or whatever. You've officially finished your Ula'ula trials' He mumbled before walking off, stopping only to say one more thing.

'You've got somewhere else to be, don't you? Try not to destroy the whole place. Oh... and you, boy. Gladion. Tell me... If you're really trying to get stronger as you say, then what are you depending on Team Skull for?' He sighed, then turned his head to look at me 'You have a very unique Null you know... So don't go doin' stupid things with it' And with that, he disappeared 'W-Well, that was... Something' I smiled awkwardly. A couple of seconds later Hau showed up 'Sun!' He smiled 'Don't you dare say a word about this being fun.' Gladion growled. 'I won't... If I'd been stronger, Lillie wouldn't have... I'm ready to do whatever it takes to so that we can take back our smiles and our fun adventure' Hau seriously said 'Woah... Okay who are you and what've you done with Hau?' I smirked.

 Okay who are you and what've you done with Hau?' I smirked