Chapter 30: Megan's Family

'Hey Megan, did you ever have a Pokemon of your own?' Gladion suddenly asked as he scooted slightly closer.

'Why'd you ask?'

'It's just, you seem to really know what you're doing with Corsola. So I thought, if maybe you had your own Pokemon before... The experiment.' He murmured the last part.

'Oh, I see... No, I never owned my own Pokemon. But my family had a Ninetails that we all looked after. To be honest, I learned everything I know now about Pokemon because of it...' I gave a small smile.

'Your... Family?' Gladion's face turned soft

'Yeah, I didn't just randomly come into existence you know.' I smirked

'I know, you've just never talked about them until now'

'I've never talked, until now...' I rolled my eyes sarcastically, then began thinking about something.

(Gladion POV)

'Hold on' Megan suddenly put down Corsola and walked over to her bag 'What are you doing?' I asked.

'Finding something.... Ah ha, found it.' she smiled as she pulled out a brown envelope 'Here.' She said as she handed it to me.

I opened the envelope with confusion, and peered inside. Inside it were four photos.

One of a beautiful woman with curly black hair and green eyes, she was wearing flowers in her hair. She had similar facial features to Megan, with pale skin to top it off.

The second one showed a young, blonde haired man

The second one showed a young, blonde haired man. He had aqua blue eyes, like Megan's, and slightly pale skin. He seemed to be in his early twenties, but still had a teenage feel to him.

 He seemed to be in his early twenties, but still had a teenage feel to him

The third, showed a teenage boy, slightly older than me. He had brown hair, green eyes, and pale skin, like the woman in the first photo. He seemed to be kinda out of it in the picture, and his eyes held the same amount of isolation as the girl next to me.

 He seemed to be kinda out of it in the picture, and his eyes held the same amount of isolation as the girl next to me

The final one showed a young girl, about the same age as the boy. She was brunette with dark brown eyes. She was wearing headphones and staring out of the window of what seemed to be a train. She had similar facial features as Megan, but was slightly curvier.

 She had similar facial features as Megan, but was slightly curvier

'Megan, are these people your...'

'Family, yeah...' She nodded as she rested her head on my shoulder, staring at the photographs. She then took the one of the black haired woman.

'I was six when this picture of mom was taken... I remember seeing her with all the flowers in her hair and... Thinking she was a princess.'

'Mom...?' I stared at the woman, and then back at the girl.

I saw a smile creep on her face, before she placed the picture on the ground so Corsola could look at it.

'Who's this guy, may I ask?' I raised an eyebrow as I held up the picture of the blonde.

'That was my father at twenty three, this was taken on his and my mother's first date. Hard to believe they kept it for so long... Apparently he was really goofy back then, despite him looking so cool in this' She gestured.

'I never would've guessed' I chuckled 'How about this one?' I asked as I pointed at the brown haired boy.

'That's Luke, my big brother. He was fifteen when this was taken... I think he's about eighteen now... Anyway, out of all my family, him and I were the closest. We were the best of friends, despite the five year age difference. We trusted each other no matter what.' She smiled as she ran her fingers across the picture.

'Is this your sister, then?'

Megan went silent. I noticed she was biting her lip, which she seemed to do whenever she was uncomfortable 'Yes...' She murmured.

'You don't seem too thrilled about that...'

The girl took a deep breath, and let it out in a huge sigh. 'Laura and I... We didn't have the best relationship... She used to treat me like a slave, and lock me in the closet when I disobeyed her... Not to mention all the fighting we had...'

'Did your parents know about this? Did you tell them?'

She clenched her jaw, and a shadow went over her eyes 'My parents... They died in a car crash when I was seven...'

My heart skipped a beat when those words escaped her mouth, she had lost her parents at a very young age... Like how I lost dad.

'Cor?' Corsola stared at Megan with sad eyes, before jumping into her arms and snuggling into her chest. 'Laura was so nice before that, but when Mom and Dad died... she became cruel and selfish... Forcing me to do her work, and beating me up for the fun of it. Of course Luke stopped her when he could, but she usually picked on me when he was out. And because she was three years older than me, I was too weak to defend myself...'

Megan began to tear up, she held Corsola close to her and cried softly. 'I don't know why she changed... I don't know why she acted like it was my fault... But she did, and she even had the nerve to lock me outside, in the snow... overnight... If Luke hadn't found me, I'd be... I would've died!' She choked out.

I stared at her, tearing up myself. This poor girl, lost her parents and was abused by her own sister. The thought was so unbearable I just automatically wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest.