Chapter 15: Battling it out!

After we regrouped, we took the elevator back up to the first floor 'Hmph, even beaten down, old Faba doesn't change, does he?' Gladion mumbled, brushing his hand through his hair 'What do we do?' Hau asked, looking slightly worried. 'Beat whoever stands in our way. What other choice do we have?' Gladion frowned as he stood in his signature pose 'Of course you would say that, but you're right. We don't have another choice.' I sighed. 'Fine, fine. We can do that. But do you have to say "hmph" all the time?' Hau raised his eyebrow at Gladion, crossing his arms.

Soon after, we found ourselves surrounded by Aether workers 'Great... just what we needed' I moaned. 'Hello, children. I'm afraid Branch chief Faba has given us orders regarding you three...' One of them growled. 'I guess I don't count then?' I thought to myself, clearly they didn't see me as a threat. Which made me both relieved, and a little annoyed. 'Now that you've learnt of the darkness at the heart of Aether Paradise, we need you all to conveniently disappear!' The worker nearest to Gladion scowled. I stood in front of my trainer protectively and growled, warning the worker to keep a distance. 'Well, looks like we'll have to battle our way out. You ready Null?' Gladion stood in his signature pose, glaring daggers at the employee 'Ready when you are!' I snarled.

(Time skip to after the battle)

I attacked the Herdier one last time, causing it to collapse 'Good job, you really are getting stronger' Gladion praised 'Well, I have a great teacher...' I smirked, panting to get my breath back 'Ridiculous... have children of Alola always been this strong?' The worker fighting us scowled, gritting his teeth at his loss 'That's what you get when you go through the trials of the island challenge. Now that you understand... how about you get out of our way?' Gladion growled. The three employees shot the four of us angry looks before getting the hell out. 'Phew! Thanks, Sun and Incineroar! When you're fighting a battle you can't afford to lose, you can't really waver at all, huh...' Hau grinned 'No problem, though you and Raichu were great too' Sun smiled.

'Let's go.' Gladion said sharply 'You know... I know we aren't friends. But I'm glad you two are here...' He darted his eyes away 'I remember what you said at the Battle Royal Dome that day, Hau. About how people can achieve more if they do something together. Looks like maybe you were right.' He smiled 'Gladion? Are you smiling?' I looked up at him in shock, he's only ever smiled like that in front of his Pokemon. 'N-No, you're imagining things.' Gladion blushed and covered his face with his hand. 'Young master.' A cheerful voice called out behind us. I looked behind me and gasped 'Wickie!' I yelled cheerfully before bounding over to the curvy, purple haired woman. 'Oh my, I see you've regained the ability to talk Me-'

'SHHHHH' I snapped, shaking my head violently.