Chapter 2: Finally out

Even though I was inside my pokeball I could still sense Gladion's emotions, he seemed to be nervous as he tried not to get noticed by the Aether employees. 'We're almost out Null, just a little longer' I heard him whisper. Soon he broke into a run and he started to breathe heavily 'We're out, just gotta get on a ferry' He panted 'He's really going through all this to save me?' I asked myself and smiled at this boy's heroic actions.

Gladion made it onto the ferry, I sensed that the adrenaline was really getting to him as he tried to steady out his breathing. He sat down and took my pokeball in his hand, staring at it with a small smile on his face 'Come on out Null' He called as he tossed the pokeball on the ground and I popped out. I cried happily as I took a seat next to him, laying my head on his lap 'Huh, you like me that much eh?' He smirked as he started to stroke my back, I looked up at him and nodded 'Of course I do, you saved me from that horrible place...' I cuddled up to my new friend and slowly drifted off.

(Gladion POV)

'Heh, I don't blame it for being tired' I smiled as I continued to pet the sleeping pokemon. There was something about this particular Null that seemed weird, but in a good way. 'I just hope Mother doesn't notice you're gone right away...' I sighed as I rested my hand on the peaceful creature and looked out of the window, staring at the ocean as we sailed across it. A few Wingull soared just above the water and squawked happily. Soon I felt my eyes grow heavy and I started to yawn 'Well, It'll be a few hours before we get to our destination so (yawn)... One nap wouldn't hurt' I lay down onto the seats and pulled Null close to me, hugging it for warmth. 'Night, Null' I whispered as I slowly fell asleep.

(Megan POV)

I opened my eyes and let out a big yawn, stretching slightly to refresh my muscles. I tried to stand but an arm kept me in place, I looked to my right and found Gladion sleeping peacefully and holding me close. He was snoring quietly which made me smile to myself, nuzzling him gently I lay back down and snuggled up to him 'Gladion, I hope we get to become good friends'

About half an hour later the boy began to stir slightly, he opened his sleepy eyes and stared at me with his tired emerald eyes 'Oh, hey Null... How long have you been awake?' he yawned 'Yeah... I could tell you but you wouldn't understand me' I nuzzled him 'Heh, hey. You really are friendly aren't you?' he laughed as he sat up, then patted me on the head 'Null, can I ask you something?' I nodded at the question 'Do you... wanna be my partner?' We went silent for about five seconds, until I knocked him over and nuzzled him in happiness.

'Ha, I take that as a yes then?' he smirked. I nodded and let out a cry of happiness, stepping off him and letting him sit up 'Of course Gladion, I pretty much owe you now anyway'

 I nodded and let out a cry of happiness, stepping off him and letting him sit up 'Of course Gladion, I pretty much owe you now anyway'